Taiwan Drug Busts

If he came from China then Pu’er would be possible.

Probably they partook a bit too much when they dreamed it up. “Taiwanese people like tea, right?”

2 Likes

I think it was a counter intuitively brilliant scheme. Nobody would be daft enough to attempt this, kind of thing.

2 Likes

A Canadian and disguising it as Pu’er tea.

2020 is off to a great start. :laughing:

1 Like

Street value of about 1 500 per gram.

1 Like

Guys with that much drugs aren’t getting that much but it filters down to individual dealers who does sell it for 1500nt a gram.

Yes true , the media and police use the street value prices which doesn’t go to the importers. Generally the importers will want to get it off their hands fast.

That’s insane…

1 Like

I love Ectasy! but Ketamine is so dangerous, causes all sorts of mental, stomach and urinary problems.
I know Ketamine is the chosen drug of Taiwanese, ectasy a better choice.
Edit: maybe not ectasy produced in Mainland China?

How about no drugs is the best choice ?

1 Like

No coffee or alcohol for @crusher, then?

Doesn’t do much for yer spelling skills, though, does it :slight_smile:

Anybody know why ketamine is so popular here? Is it coming in as veterinary anaesthetic or something?

I really don’t know, I thought it’s because the penalties associated with it is so light. Marijuana is pretty severe here so maybe that’s why it’s not popular.

1 Like

Ah OK. I guessed it was just easier to import and/or manufacture.

1 Like

I hadn’t considered that. I always assumed ketamine was so popular because people here like zoning out. It’s weird that what most people consider to be the crappiest drugs (ket and meth) are the most popular in Taiwan.

It could also be difficulty in manufacturing, where drugs like meth and ketamine is easy to set up clandestine labs to make (given that chemical shops here sell stuff with no question) and growing pot requires a lot of sunlight meaning you have to either grow it in the open or use artificial lights, both very hard to do without attracting attention.

It is very interesting how different societies make different choices of drug. The implication is that you could (theoretically) minimize the harm done by drugs by manipulating those social factors … if you knew what they were and how to change them.

1 Like

mostly crappy people do drug in Taiwan, there is not too much of recreational, experience and spiritual use of drugs. Even the aboriginal, do they have spiritual plants(I can recognize some in Taiwan)? do they know about the magic mushroom in the Island?

I gave up ecstasy and other Pharmecuticals in December 1990 after my son was born.
I ended up turning to alchohol, wow man! made me nasty incoherant monster that got me a Divorce. Stopping it was a lot harder than Happy drugs, Ecstasy, LSD, mushrooms, occasional loss of Serotonin, hey one bad day a month is not that bad. Other than every morning.
Happily a occasional drinker now, miss the MDMA though.
Sorry not typing using ms word, spell check then pasting into ‘yer’ post Finley.
Maybe will in future?

2 Likes

Veterinary and not class A. They call it “Special K” like the breakfast cereal. Meth used to be more popular but the penalties are much higher than Ket , and now the precursors for meth such as ephedrine are more tightly controlled.

1 Like