Taiwan Drug Busts

And a lot less death when cutting it wisely.

Jesus, who’s riding all this horse?

In the good old days it was legal to import cheap drugs from China and easily make US$20K weekly on the Internet. That stopped about 10 years ago,

Keyword here “wisely”.

That Double Lion Globe brand is quite a sweet ride. Smoked quite a bit of it back in the day.

I once flew into Taiwan from Cambodia with a Buddha head in my luggage. Customs got very excited for a short period of time but my complete lack of nervousness meant that in the end they didn’t even bother opening my back pack to check. Bit bizarre really. Maybe the X-ray showed there was no cavity in the head.

From Thailand you could be arrested…But just because it’s a Buddha head.:laughing:
Is that Double brand the ‘Coke’ of the opium world ?
I wonder is it KMT lost army vintage.
It seems to originate in Myanmar. Or it could originate as a synthetic opioid in China and they try to ride on the back of these old brands. You just don’t know till you test it.

Such a bull shit rule. The airport souvenir stores literally sell Buddha heads. One in ten Thais have Buddha tattoos.

1 Like

A brainless buddha head?

400kgs of heroin! I didn’t realise there were that many Taiwanese smack heads.

3 Likes

Transshipment, maybe.

1 Like

At least Taiwan gets to be the hub of something.

3 Likes

A former police officer who was caught smuggling 126.4 kilograms of heroin into southern Taiwan last year has been found guilty of drug trafficking by the Pingtung District Court and sentenced to life in prison.

2 Likes

Not really Taiwan, but China…

Someone actually put opium poppies into some lamb soup and so some people got tested positive for drugs… and then it went back to this place.

Be careful where you eat I guess…

this is more common than people think. when new restaurants open etc. e.g adding weed to fried chicken joints

400KG of high purity , which means it would be cut to around 1000KG.

There has always been no shortage of it in Taiwan, coke on the other hand is rare.

According to this article it is the most popular illegal drug here. I thought Ketamine would be, but I knew heroin and meth used to be in the 80s.

Also about 40% of all Taiwanese prisoners are serving time for drug use. That is mind blowing.

1 Like

Dumb back packer mules used to move it from Taiwan to Japan, that route is well known to the Taiwanese and Japanese customs. The boat to Okinawa was the common way. You’d have to be really stupid to do that, but people still.did it and often got caught.

What, did they answer forum posts about taking a backpack from A to B?

2 Likes

Main suspect escaped to China "was a member of the Bamboo Union, one of Taiwan’s most powerful organized crime groups. "