Taiwan Drug Busts

I am sorry, my lawyer tells me I am not familiar with that topic. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

‘A search of his room, which police requested, turned up two sachets of amphetamines and a narcotics inhaler, which he denied belonged to him …’

It comes complementary with the room. :roll_eyes:

I’m guessing it means a pipe?

Or any mouth or nose, really.

‘A bong’? Or vape?

Meanwhile in Taitung City . . .

Guy

Breaking Bad Taiwan, American English Teacher.

I’d watch that.

3 Likes

For American read TBA.

How the f*** does the headline not say three Taiwanese.

Three taiwanese, 3 Taiwan Nationals, 3 Taiwanese, what the f***?

And how the f*** do they report the job of the one foreigner but not report the jobs of the 3 f****** Taiwanese what the f*** b*******

This news source focustaiwan is bullshit.

5 Likes

Isn’t that the old Who Bar where Russian and Filipino hookers hostesses and dancers used to work and then they closed and part of it became a hot pot?

Tall ghostly white skin girls with blonde hair and blue eyes that would follow you home.

So I heard.

2 Likes

The Focus Taiwan story does mention that it was a shut-down bar. I never visited that establishment, though I have walked by it on Zhonghua Road countless times, as it’s not far from the Tiehua area / Taitung City Bus Station.

Guy

I know at least two bars in the same area that I think you would like.

Unfortunately, I don’t like bars, though I do like Taitung.

You can find me down the street at the Louisa Coffee shop—or having lunch at Rong Shu Xia. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

Yeah maybe bars is too strong of a word, just coffee shop restaurants with drinks that are very socially open.

1 Like

You like Deep Coffee? That’s nice evening spot.

Ahhh, Taitung! I look forward to getting back there some time.

Guy

I’ve seen it but haven’t tried it.

In central area I usually hit Starbucks or Donutes for the people watching and to escape the heat and humidity or rain.

1 Like

Good locations, but if you’re near that Starbucks, in my view it’s worth continuing a little farther to cheela—a day time only spot, but what a wonderful place.

Guy

More than one of my experiences in Taitung Taidong was something like this. Not unique to Taitung but a bit unexpected in a small town on the southeast coast of nowhere.

2 Likes

A foreigner who owns a disused building and is surnamed Lin.

2 Likes

Oh hell.