Taiwan Earthquakes 2011

Hey guys
My friends in Taiwan were saying there was an earthquake early this morning there around Taipei. Did anyone feel it? I can’t find a news story on it. Some friends of mine say they felt it while others say they didnt feel a thing. Just curious.

4.3 at 6:41. That’s tiny.

cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm

If you’re in San Francisco, you’re probably too far away to feel anything.

[quote=“zender”]4.3 at 6:41. That’s tiny.

cwb.gov.tw/eng/index.htm

If you’re in San Francisco, you’re probably too far away to feel anything.[/quote]
haha yes I am in San Francisco, I know I would not feel it haha. I have plenty of friends on facebook that did feel it though so I was just wondering . Thanks for the info Zender!

hey i get it, freethinkers just wanted to be the starter of this years thread on quakes.

we had a 4 something here in the bay area a few days ago and its big news here. A 4 somthing hardly rates a mention in the wan.

Yes, I felt it. It was tiny and not really worth a mention.

Ok I apologize for mentioning it! haha

It was big enough that it woke me up, which makes it too large for my liking.

Very small. Too small for my liking.

It’s been a long time since we rock 'n rolled.

There’s something big brewing up and it’s time to release the pressure

Finally an earthquake I felt in 2011 :slight_smile:

Ooops…

sigh I was happily snoozing over my desk…

did I just feel a quake?

go to www.cwb.gov.tw and you can track all the earthquakes in taiwan proper…we get them every few days…i was here for the 921 earthquake, since then i don’t even bat an eyelash at quakes…just look at your wall and you can put a timeline of the quakes based on the cracks in the walls…

Whoah!

Wow!

Nice long one there, a good entry into the Chinese New Year vacation…

Yeah, that was pretty big here in Danshui.

Nice strong and long one here in Nangang right now :slight_smile:

That shook me around a bit!

Haha … yes!

Good shake here in WenShan.