Taiwan in the post-CSB era: like Hong Kong or Tibet?

Please. Everyone has an FBI file. Dr. King had one, Einstien had one, huge numbers of famous artists, activists, clergymen, etc had them. Hell, I bet even Cindy Sheehan has one. I’m not sure what your point is with your comment. Dr. Wang in 2 and a half minutes brought the live organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners into the mainstream news and once again brought China’s embarrassing little secret of the persecussion to the attention of the West. Her words were not censored in the US, that would be the broadcast in China. Can’t let the people know the truth.

Was she reciting the “I have Dream” speech or the Theory of Relativity. Because I couldn’t understand a word she was saying. Looks like she was embarrassing herself is what the news media portrayed in the USA.

Liz it is good to see you back. I thought you organs had been harvested. jk.

She was on the news for a day and the only other source you hear about her is from epoch times and blogs. :notworthy: If I run into her on the street I’ll be sure to give her a cookie or something.

AC, you know the whereabouts of Liz?

Why’s Wang significant? It’s not the message she brought. Anyone can get a repeat the same performance just by walking up to any Chinese embassy worldwide on any business day. FLG “volunteers” are in front of every one.

No, what I think is more significant is that we can stop having debates about whether the Epoch Times is “FLG-affiliated”. It’s like asking if the People’s Daily is affiliated to the Communist Party.

By the way, the common belief amongst many is that FLG activities have gotten quieter over the past year (and they have) partly because of the issues in Taiwan. It’s believed by many that Taiwanese discretionary, off-budget funds have funded many of their activities. (The Epoch Times isn’t exactly a money maker.) Well, CSB is a little busy these days, isn’t he? Very likely that if Ma wins the 2008 election, we could very well see FLG (+ the Epoch Times and New Tang Dynasty TV) disappearing from human consciousness.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]It is

If you a child of mix marriage or a homosexual, you will be getting much hate from FLG.

[/quote]

What nonsense. My children are mixed race. My wife and I were with our daughters and met some Falungong demonstrators at a local university. Many of them remarked on how adorable our girls were (AFTER they knew they were mixed race children.) No hate from them at all. They aren’t from Greenville, South Carolina. All you rely upon is ChiCom propoganda and not the real actions and teachings of the group.

All conspiracy theory garbage, cc. The Epoch Times supports itself, like any newspaper, through advertising. It also cuts costs by having a lot of volunteers who do the translating and editing for the nternaitonal editions out of their homes. I think we all can say that the Epoch Times undoubtedly is “connected” to Falun Gong. Of course, They are the only paper making an effort to report on the persecution that the CCP tries to cover up and have a lot of FLG workers, volunteers, and readers. I think what most people should realize is that it is one of the few sources of news that makes it out of the mainland that is uncensored by the CCP. Keep reaching, cc. If Ma wins in 2008 it will have no effect on FLG, unless of course he welcomes the CCP to Taiwan with open arms, and the persecution finds its way here.

All conspiracy theory garbage, cc. The Epoch Times supports itself, like any newspaper, through advertising. It also cuts costs by having a lot of volunteers who do the translating and editing for the nternaitonal editions out of their homes. I think we all can say that the Epoch Times undoubtedly is “connected” to Falun Gong. Of course, They are the only paper making an effort to report on the persecution that the CCP tries to cover up and have a lot of FLG workers, volunteers, and readers. I think what most people should realize is that it is one of the few sources of news that makes it out of the mainland that is uncensored by the CCP. Keep reaching, cc. If Ma wins in 2008 it will have no effect on FLG, unless of course he welcomes the CCP to Taiwan with open arms, and the persecution finds its way here.[/quote]

Actually, most people do realize what ET is - a free tabloid with virtually no journalistic standards whatsoever.

Have you actually read the print version of the Epoch Times? There’s more advertising dollars going into the local college paper than the Epoch Times. And in this day and age when print newspapers are folding up left and right (because they don’t have enough subscription dollars), it’s pretty remarkable that the Epoch Times can publish and distribute itself in the hundreds of thousands on a daily basis for “free”… isn’t it?

Not only does Li Hongzhi have an eye in the middle of his forehead and a wheel in the middle of his tummy, he’s apparently also a business genius.

[quote]
I think what most people should realize is that it is one of the few sources of news that makes it out of the mainland that is uncensored by the CCP. [/quote]
All I know is that you know you’re in trouble when even Harry Wu accuses you of making stuff up. That’s like being accused of extremism by Osama Bin Ladin.