Taiwan ladies do not approach?

Unfortunately they’ve given advice when none was asked for, they should stick to the topic.

OK you’ve shared your opinion. I strongly disagree, unless you have something new to contribute stop typing. Maybe read the early parts of the thread, several guys were saying they were being hit on by taiwan girls. Careful your head might explode reading it though.

If you say so. My lady right now is taiwanese she approached me after yoga with chocolates, she’s amazing. She didn’t stalk as taiwan girls like to do but she approached many days after one of the western girl in the class approached (she did on the 2nd day of us being in the same class). Just one of the many examples I can give to show that taiwan girls are slow if they even actually manage to approach. (approach not meaning merely talking or complimenting, but leading the conversation toward getting contact info)

strongly disagree with what? biology? LOL. ok pal, i’ll respect your wish and leave you be.

[quote=“triceratopses”]

Perhaps you don’t have experience with girls actually approaching. Did you read the thread? I gave an example. They see you, walk up to you, and quickly steer the conversation to what you are doing later and where you live.[/quote]

I’m getting laid. So who has experience and who doesn’t?

You post, we reply. You don’t want advice…who cares? I never asked if you wanted advice now did I? Basic reading comprehension can see I never asked.

Biology, what a great scholar you must be. Let me guess… you study… horses? You’ve obviously not met any professional women who will fucking skewer you with a look, your idea that they are controlled by an impulse to wait on the man to make a move instead of hitting on them is so unbelievably wrong. Some girls are. Most men are. You don’t believe me again for the 2nd time I have to repeat myself when talking to you, read the start of the thread where people are generally suggesting that taiwan women are more forward than others and provide examples.

You’ve read the thread and this is the understanding you have. Your reading comprehension is as non-existent as your posts in the bodhi way thread, I’m kind of scared.

Though it’s probably that dr jellyfish or whatever his name is and superking, they were the first to start handing out hot tips I’m pretty sure. “Ask the girl out”, wow, instead of waiting on them, amazing. Has nothing to do with my question. Of course you can reply, but reply better. You can do it.

I removed a number of uncivil comments from the last two pages here. Keep it civil, please.

i never said it was ‘unbelievable’. infact i said it happened to me. i said it was not normal… which it isn’t. and so you have nothing to question when Taiwanese girls don’t approach you… it ain’t rocket science.

I think this is a result of the editing I did which perhaps strayed too far from the original. I reedited it to:

I guess it depends what you look like and the population density. Based on these 2 things it is very normal in some places for some people. Club/bar girls, model types, and college towns/close proximity to colleges etc don’t count (since for them it’s by definition very very very common), I am talking about ordinary girls at the gym, in class, on the street, whatever. Approach meaning, being forward enough to seek contact details, not just complimenting or making small talk. Lots of taiwan girls make small-talk given the opportunity but very rarely do they make an approach. Whatever, you don’t have anything to contribute by virtue of the thing I’m talking being non-existent.

that’s a really good argument you have!

basically, you’ve said it yourself… and the reason why - its not normal.
move on and accept it. possibly take the lead next time a taiwanese girl “doesn’t approach” you. you know its a good idea!

Your definition of “approach” is perhaps slightly different than that used in the lexicon of people over 30 (which I think a lot of people on this forum are). To most, approach would just mean to move toward someone or to open a conversation: https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=define:+approach&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=Apr3VOy7J8HQmAWo-oL4Aw

Even the urban dictionary definition for “cold approach” doesn’t necessarily say anything about getting a number or making further plans, it just talks about talking to a stranger: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cold+approach

So maybe part of your problem here is semantic. Your definition for “approach” is outside of the popular lexicon.

And, for the people who have frequented this forum for a long time, threads like these are frustrating. They pop up pretty often, and what it SEEMS like (and I know that maybe this wasn’t your intention) is that the OP is usually making an opportunity to boast that they’re super hot and girls here love them, with just the thinnest veneer of a question to lend the thread some credibility.

It has actually been stated literally dozens of times by probably a dozen different posters that your definition of an “approach” is the problem. There are no “normal” girls as you put it that approach with the very first words out of their mouth being them asking for contact details. Well, maybe prostitutes do that, but even then I’d think they would ease into it a little bit. For any regular girl, any age, any ethnicity, in pretty much any country in the world, It starts with small talk, and from there requires the man to sack up and take it to the next level.

This thread is a 12 page long semantic mixup on the OP’s part.

It’s a strawman I never said the first words have to be the approach. The only requirement is that the asking of contact info or immediate future plans has to come from their side.

I think unless one looks really good, lived in many countries, and has had a lot of contact with women, a person is not really in any position to say what is normal female behavior. I’ve described the attention that I get and the approaches that are made, particularly by western girls in taiwan but much less so by taiwan girls in taiwan. And no contrary to you and tommy’s esteemed opinions they need not be prostitutes to do this.

One person might join a dating site post some pictures and receive very little attention, needing to constantly be the one to message girls first to start a conversation. Another person might do the same and yet be inundated with messages from girls, followed quickly by an approach. It is not fit for the former to say “its the job of the man to message the girl first.”

Yeah waiting for Asian girls to attack you with a request for a fone number might be stretching it.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPEjw-Dw05k

I think you have to make the approach. Still have to have game tho. LOL.

But I hear that the younger set may ask you for your FB or LINE. Maybe.
This girl might ask you:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHscd7axalE

It has actually been stated literally dozens of times by probably a dozen different posters that your definition of an “approach” is the problem. There are no “normal” girls as you put it that approach with the very first words out of their mouth being them asking for contact details. Well, maybe prostitutes do that, but even then I’d think they would ease into it a little bit. For any regular girl, any age, any ethnicity, in pretty much any country in the world, It starts with small talk, and from there requires the man to sack up and take it to the next level.

This thread is a 12 page long semantic mixup on the OP’s part.[/quote]

This reminds me of a module I taught years back (when I was a teachhhuurr). I was teaching business English and the module was all about small talk. The text book actually taught people how small talk. Seriously. It went on for pages and pages, but can be condensed to - talking about immediate stuff - like weather, food, traffic, and avoiding stuff like religion, politics, sexuality, age, salary etc. And then from small talk you can gently move things away, and see how the other person reacts. Are they dropping hints about how busy they are, or that they have a partner etc, or do they seem interested… Don’t rush this stage, you can’t just go straight from “weather” into something more sexual, for instance it would be wrong to go from “phew, it’s hot in here” - then straight to “there must be some muscles in the atmosphere” (while posing). That wouldn’t work. Just go blah-blah-blah weather… blah-blah-blah I always go to places with good AC… blah-blah-blah always go to X cafe/gym/place because of blah/blah/blah… and it could be the start of something beautiful.

Old topic rehashed lol
Are Taiwan girls different ?

Yes No and Maybe

So are you bored and/or just missing Taiwan? :grinning:

1 Like

I’m interested as well.
Purely academic of course.

I suspect that it has gotten even rarer as so few strangers will talk to each other. People talk to other randomers in coffeeshops and in general here…NOT common. Even getting the boss to talk is difficult in many cases in those coffeeshops as they are full of nerdy owners.

Well if you speak another language (Japanese/English in my case) yes. Was on the Taipei Metro , a young lady like shy Uni student type sitting next to me. I got quick phone call not in Chinese, after I saw she wanted to say something and finally said where are you from and oh you speak Japanese and English. But I reached my station, Banchaio to transfer to the Bullet Train south, choice was stay on the train and chat more and miss time to have a quick meal before my other train. So maybe different from Japan since you can not talk on the phone in Japan.

1 Like

ahh the opportunities lost…they haunt you years later. …the fish that got away.

you chose a quick meal over another “meal”

1 Like