Taiwan needs a catchword

That’s brilliant, ImaniOU. Especially since it was made by a local! They can put it in happy rainbow colors on a big banner at CKS:

:fatchance: [color=green]WHY[/color] [color=blue]DON’T[/color] [color=red]YOU[/color] [color=orange]GET[/color] [color=violet]OUT[/color] [color=green]OF[/color] [color=blue]TAIWAN[/color][color=red]? [/color]:fatchance:

They can even use the same font/writing and logos as they do for the “Naruwan” they have now. At least then the waiguoren know where they stand as they enter.

Taiwan, land of fuckin’ pigs! Thanks Elton.

I’d never heard of “naruwan” before go I checked Google:
taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003098895

Strange, the picture of Taroko Gorge looks just like some pottery I saw in Nantou County once!

But here’s my entry:

Taiwan On…for size (accompanied, of course, by a male enhancement ad)

And to placate Wolfie,
Hao Taiwan (as in, "Hao beautiful, Hao vibrant, Hao rich in history. Hao Taiwan.)

or

Happy Taiwanica (could get Adam Sandler to do the voiceover)

And to attract our brethren across the Strait:
Invade Taiwan

Okay, a couple more for the Elton lovers:
Oink if you love Taiwan.

Terrific Taiwan
Humble Taiwan
Radiant Taiwan
and

Some Pig!

(Sorry, I’ve been reading Charlotte’s Web to the kids)

Taiwan Suey! Might also work, playing on (as someone else mentioned) “suuweeeet,” the Taiwanese word for beautiful, “chop suey,” and the well-known pig call.

Wolf, I suggest you compile a “Top 10” list and submit it to either the GIO or David Letterman.

[quote=“rooftop”]Size Don’t Matter

or

Aiyo! Taiwan[/quote]

Good. I prefer the 2nd over accidental colony.

Brilliant! But I am curious why you propose a catchphrase, not a catchword. And that goes for all of you. The catchphrase is already “Touch Your Heart” That is established and irrefutable. Now we seek the word.

[quote=“Hartzell”]“Taiwan – Good, OK?”
which in Taiwanese becomes

Taiwan Hobo[/quote]

either you caught Bu En Lai redhanded or you saw someting in it he di’n’t

Q is excellent, but that is a catchletter. Let’s get the catchword down b4 we confirm that Q is the correct letter. :wink:

Might I propose:

Intelligent

Taiwan Miracle

Which has already been made pretty common. It’s nice and ambiguous. What? Taiwan is a miracle? Taiwan needs a miracle? It’s a miracle you even came here? It’s a miracle if you stay? Find a miracle here? We don’t know… It’s just ‘Taiwan Miracle’

It’s a miracle they managed to get even this far.

Taiwan
as lame as it gets

Sinking Taiwan

OK dont flame me, but I like their catchphrase… Taiwan touch yur heart. In some ways it really does, remember.

(If it didn’t, then what are we doing here???)

Hmmm, yes it does Mr He,…hmmmm in more ways than one :wink:

:noway: We don’t want to be opening this can of worms (again) :stuck_out_tongue:

After what happened yesterday --> Chen Tan Shan’s shocking speech…I think perhaps this one is more catchy : LP Taiwan ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Perhaps I should take that down, cause it was referred to Mark Chen’s speech yesterday and it was not a good term at all. (In taiwanese words)

Taiwan - so-so.

Taiwan - Don’t Worry, You Get Used To It.