Taiwan police arrest suspected child molester from US

I was just watching the late evening news and saw a report about an American who had been charged with child molestation at a kindergarten he ran in the US, posted bail and fled to Taiwan. He was just arrested this evening in Taipei. Anyone here know him? Not a lot of news on him right now. Here are a couple bare bones newstories that are up now.

ETaiwan News
The Earth Times

MARK LEE KACZMARCZYK

美連續兒童性侵犯 北市東區落網 【2/15 18:40】

(本報訊〕美籍連續性侵犯竟順利入境台灣?一名美國在逃通緝犯,涉嫌在當地犯下多起嬰幼兒性侵案,卻於日前持觀光護照,成功從桃園機場入境台灣。台灣警方在接獲美國聯邦調查局通知後,今日循線逮捕這名嫌犯。

根據媒體報導,這名58歲美籍男子MARK LEE KACZMARCZYK,上個月成功入境台灣,美國聯邦調查局隨即通知台灣外交部,要求擴大進行偵查。在接獲美國消息後,刑事局表示十分重視這起案子,並於今日循線在台北市東區逮捕這名通緝犯,目前正在進行偵訊當中。

據悉,MARK LEE KACZMARCZYK今年58歲、185公分、92公斤。疑似因為有戀童癖,在美國涉入多起嬰幼兒性侵案以及猥褻兒童案,被美國聯邦調查局列為重大通緝犯。

I’m not sure, but there might be something about that in this thread:

[Edit: Thread deleted because it concerned a different person.]

I’ve never seen a police officer in Dunhua S Rd. They must have chanced upon him while collecting bribes.

Lets get to the important question: What’s his Forumosa handle?

I could make some suggestions, but I’m going to resist the temptation.

I thought there was no extradition treaty yet in place? So I dont know how legally he can be taken? Or do they do that on adhoc basis?

Im glad he was taken back to the US , just wondering in the absence of a treaty how these things work.

That means Taiwanese criminals that get off to the USA should be able to be returned to Taiwan.

[quote=“tommy525”]

That means Taiwanese criminals that get off to the USA should be able to be returned to Taiwan.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s too bad that the Taiwanese don’t recipricate all the time, especially in Child-Custody cases where the mother is high-priced hooker.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“tommy525”]

That means Taiwanese criminals that get off to the USA should be able to be returned to Taiwan.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s too bad that the Taiwanese don’t recipricate all the time, especially in Child-Custody cases where the mother is high-priced hooker.[/quote]

We been over that case ad nauseum. That child is a Taiwanese citizen. The situ is not the same. Its more complex.

[quote=“tommy525”]

We been over that case ad nauseum. That child is a Taiwanese citizen. The situation is not the same. Its more complex.[/quote]

This is more complex?

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“tommy525”]

Yeah, it’s too bad that the Taiwanese don’t recipricate all the time, especially in Child-Custody cases where the mother is high-priced hooker.[/quote]

The US should reciprocate too, such as when there’s businessmen who borrowed billions of dollars then go live in luxury in the US.

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]I’m not sure, but there might be something about that in this thread:

[Edit: Thread deleted because it concerned a different person.][/quote]I think I know the thread you mean. The Taiwan police know where he is. I assume they did nothing because he’s Taiwanese whereas this guy is a whitey.

If I understand correctly, they literally went looking for him in night clubs, pubs and otehr places furriners frequently are found:

[quote]警 方 研 判 , 該 嫌 在 台 灣 可 能 以 台 北 市 為 主 要 藏 匿 與 活 動 地 區 , 北 市 警 局 接 到 警 政 署 命 令 後 , 前 天 起 所 屬 各 分 局 , 便 透 過 酒 測 、 路 檢 等 勤 務 , 加 強 查 緝 可 疑 車 輛 。

而 轄 區 內 多 有 夜 店 、 PUB 及 外 國 人 聚 會 娛 樂 場 所 的 信 義 、 中 山 、 士 林 、 北 投 、 大 安 、 松 山 等 地 區 警 局 , 更 派 員 積 極 進 行 查 訪 , 並 請 業 者 協 助 留 意 有 無 嫌 犯 蹤 影 。 警 方 指 出 , 由 於 嫌 犯 作 案 均 以 嬰 幼 童 為 目 標 對 象 , 呼 籲 家 長 多 加 注 意 家 中 孩 童 安 全 , 並 建 議 不 可 讓 孩 童 獨 處 [/quote]
http://www.appleactionews.com/site/art_main.php?iss_id=20090215&sec_id=10793096&art_id=12209218

Just watching on the news, it seems his arrest was assisted by a “beautiful female police officer” who approached him to inquire if he wanted to teach her English. She was working on the theory that “that’s the easiest way for him to earn money.” Devious these Taiwanese police!

His neighbor (male) noted that he gave him a big hug every day and was often talking about “tuo er suo”–not good

[quote=“twocs”][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“tommy525”]

The US should reciprocate too, such as when there’s businessmen who borrowed billions of dollars then go live in luxury in the US.[/quote]

My first thought was the same as tommy’s: since when is there reciprocity between Taiwan and the US so that each side sends the other’s alleged criminals back for trial. As twocs notes, haven’t numerous Taiwanese criminals (former Chairmans and CEOs and the like) stolen huge sums in Taiwan then fled to the US?

For example, what about the Taiwanese lady who skipped bail in Taiwan (govt broadcasting job? accused of embezzlement) claiming she was just flying to the US to drop off her son for military school and she would head right back to Taiwan for trial? Did she ever return to Taiwan?

Or the Chairman of Pineapple Corporation or head of some bank, who stole billions and was detained for months in Los Angeles by Customs because he lacked a proper visa? Was he ever sent back?

Pedophile On Parole, or POP. :smiley:

Not to be confused with an older Forumosan… Serial Killer On Parole, who was sent to the gas chamber by the admin.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]

My first thought was the same as tommy’s: since when is there reciprocity between Taiwan and the US so that each side sends the other’s alleged criminals back for trial. As twocs notes, haven’t numerous Taiwanese criminals (former Chairmans and CEOs and the like) stolen huge sums in Taiwan then fled to the US?

?[/quote]

I’ve always understood there’s not. I wonder if what the female police officer was talking about was a ruse to have him commit a crime (illegal teaching) so as to simplify his deportation?

China Post has it online now.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/local/ta … etains.htm

Here’s one of the thieves I was thinking of.

[quote]To the surprise of Taipei prosecutors and local media, the former chairwoman of the board of the state-run Central Broadcasting System (CBS), Chu Wan-ching (朱婉清), was yesterday granted provisional entry into the US. . .

Facing charges of embezzlement, Chu had paid NT$500,000 bail and agreed not to leave Taiwan when she boarded a flight to the US on Thursday. . .

Chu is suspected to have embezzled NT$16 million from the CBS. The Taipei District Prosecutors’ Office on Thursday night released her on bail after lengthy questioning, and ordered her not to leave the country.

But Chu surprised prosecutors by almost immediately taking an EVA Air flight bound for Los Angeles with her 16-year-old son before the official copy of her injunction had even reached the immigration department at CKS International Airport.

Prosecutors had, via the international affairs division of the police’s Criminal Investigation Bureau (CIB), tried to ask the US to cancel Chu’s visa and deport her. . . .

Chu held a press conference in LA at 7am Taipei time yesterday claiming that nothing about her trip was illegal. She insisted that she did not know whether the prosecutor had told her that she was barred from leaving the country. . .

Chu said her hasty departure was made because of her son. She said that she was taking him to attend military school in Pennsylvania[/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 0/15/57326

Here’s the other.

[quote]Wang You-theng (Chinese: 王又曾;pinyin: Wáng Yòucéng; born March 5, 1927 in Changsha, Hunan, China) is a Taiwanese entrepreneur who founded the China Rebar Group and served as its chairman until fleeing Taiwan in late 2006 amid allegations of embezzlement and fraud. . .

Upon arriving back at Los Angeles International Airport, Wang was detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for attempting to enter the US without valid documentation, and was placed in the San Pedro Service Processing Center. You-theng is currently[update] detained in the US, and is wanted by Taiwanese prosecutors for allegedly embezzling NT$60 million (US$1.8 million) in corporate funds[/quote]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_You-theng

Was Chu ever sent back? Is Wang still in custody in Los Angeles two years after fleeing Taiwan?

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“tommy525”]

We been over that case ad nauseum. That child is a Taiwanese citizen. The situation is not the same. Its more complex.[/quote]

This is more complex?[/quote]

errr NO, the child custody case was more complex.

And here’s another Taiwan embezzler who fled to the US.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_You-hao

The US makes no effort to arrest and extradite such Taiwan fugitives, do they? So why did Taiwan arrest this guy: (a) because they don’t want him diddling kiddies in Taiwan, or (b) trying to change their crappy image regarding nonenforcement of laws in order to impress the US?