Taiwan police arrest suspected child molester from US

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Here’s the FBI’s Complaint for Violation of Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution.

[color=#FF0000]WARNING. VERY GRAPHIC AND DETAILED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK![/color]

Complaint Charge Sheet
Complaint Affidavit Page 1
Complaint Affidavit Page 2
Complaint Affidavit Page 3
Complaint Affidavit Page 4[/quote]
I’m all for “innocent until proven guilty”, but there’s some pretty compelling evidence there. Didn’t note any DNA testing, though. Thought it was mandatory. Suppose it’s evidence and wouldn’t be mentioned in a charge sheet or affidavit.

Think so? Looks extremely UNcompelling to me. No eyewitnesses, no testimony from victims, no DNA (as you point out), no photos or videos, nothing whatsoever to link the suspect to the alleged crimes (except apparent geographic proximity).

Of course, I have no idea whether any crimes were actually committed in this case or whether this guy did it but one should bear in mind the lessons learned from past unfounded hysteria.

[quote][color=#FF0000]Day care sex abuse hysteria[/color] occurred primarily in the 1980s and early 1990s. . .

The Kern County child abuse case was the first prominent instance of accusations of ritualized sex abuse of children. . . The McCuans and the Kniffens were each sentenced to over 240 years in prison in 1984. Their [color=#FF0000]convictions were overturned [/color]in 1996. . .

McMartin preschool trial. . . [color=#FF0000]After seven years of criminal trials, no convictions were obtained, and all charges were dropped [/color]in 1990. As of 2006, it is the longest and most expensive trial in the history of the United States. The accusations involved hidden tunnels, killing animals, Satan worship, and orgies. . . .

Fells Acres Day Care Center. . . The children told stories which included being abused by a clown and a robot in a secret room at the day care center. They told of watching animals being sacrificed, and one [color=#FF0000]girl claimed Gerald had penetrated her anus with the twelve-inch (305 mm) blade of a knife (which left no injuries). [/color]. .

Praca Day Care. . . Franklin Beauchamp who had been ‘convicted of nine counts of rape, sexual abuse and sodomy involving three children at Praca,’ [color=#FF0000]had his case overturned [/color]. . . the "remaining defendants eventually had their convictions overturned as well.

Wee Care Nursery School. . . Margaret Kelly Michaels was indicted for 299 offenses in connection with the sexual assault of 33 children. Michaels denied the charges. . . was sentenced to 47 years . . . [color=#FF0000]After five years in prison her appeal was successful and sentence was overturned[/color] . . . interviews of the children were highly improper and utilized coercive and unduly suggestive methods. . .

Little Rascals Day Care Center. . . Robert F. Kelly Jr…face(d) 187 counts, including having sexual intercourse with children and with other adults in front of them. His wife, Betsy, 36, and five other adults face(d) similar charges.". . . the [color=#FF0000]prosecution dropped all charges[/color]. . . .

Dale Akiki. . . a young girl told her mother that “He [Akiki] showed me his penis.” The mother contacted the police. After interviews, nine other children accused Akiki of killing animals and drinking their blood in front of the children. He was [color=#FF0000]found innocent of the 35 counts [/color]of child abuse and kidnapping. . .

Christchurch Civic Crèche. . . Four female co-workers were also arrested on 15 charges of abuse, but were [color=#FF0000]released after these charges were dropped[/color]. Together with six other co-workers who lost their jobs when the centre was closed, they were awarded $1 million in compensation by the Employment Court in 1995. . .

Martensville Satanic sex scandal. . . [color=#FF0000]More than a dozen persons, including five police officers from two different forces, ultimately faced over 100 charges [/color]connected with running a Satanic cult . . . which allegedly practiced ritualized sexual abuse of numerous children at a "Devil Church. . . a [color=#FF0000]Royal Canadian Mounted Police task force. . . concluded the original investigation was motivated by “emotional hysteria.” [/color]In 2003, defendants sued for wrongful prosecution. In 2004, Richard and Kari Klassen received $100,000 each, their share of the [color=#FF0000]$1.5 million compensation package awarded for the malicious prosecution[/color]… . .

Wenatchee sex ring. . . [color=#FF0000]Forty-three adults were arrested on 29,726 charges [/color]of child sex abuse involving 60 children. . . [color=#FF0000]prosecutors were unable to provide any physical evidence to support the charges. . .A jury found the city of Wenatchee and Douglas County, Washington negligent in the 1994-1995 investigations. They awarded $3 million to the couple who had been wrongly accused[/color] . . .[/quote]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_care_s … e_hysteria

One doesn’t get a smashed hymen from a see-saw. Coincidentally a few other kids also had evidence of brutality. Plus he skipped bail and the country and refused a polygraph test. Surely DNA evidence would have exonerated him?

Well, in that case the husband of the daycare operator must be guilty. String him up.

So they say. That’s clear and convincing evidence (the legal requirement) right there. Rip his balls off and then string him up.

Bastard. If he’s innocent he should just trust the system to bring the truth to light as it did in those other cases. Besides, they wouldn’t charge him if he was innocent would they?

Just playing devil’s avocate, Mr Theresa. I hate the lynch mobs, but most of all I dispise the “Arrrgghhh! Pedophile” finger-pointing crap.

I think Chaon has gotta ante-up and post a link to that FBI raplist he says he has…

The FBI Complaint of Illegal Flight to Avoid Prosecution that I posted is the same as the one he found.

The FBI Complaint of Illegal Flight to Avoid Prosecution that I posted is the same as the one he found.[/quote]
Yup

Some of you may be interested in this… its somewhat relevant.

AGREEMENT ON MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE IN CRIMINAL MATTERS BETWEEN TECRO IN THE UNITED STATES AND AIT

[quote=“Article 2, Scope of Assistance”]

1. The Parties shall provide mutual assistance through the relevant authorities of the territories they represent, in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, in connection with the investigation, prosecution, and prevention of offenses, and in proceedings related to criminal matters.

2. Assistance shall include:

(1) taking the testimony or statements of persons;
(2) providing documents, records, and articles of evidence;
(3) locating or identifying persons;
(4) serving documents;
color=#FF0000 transferring persons in custody for testimony or other purposes;[/color]
(6) executing requests for searches and seizures;
(7) assisting in proceedings related to immobilization and forfeiture of assets, restitution, or collection of fines; and
(8) any other form of assistance not contrary to the laws of the territory represented by the Requested Party.[/quote]

[quote=“Article 11, Transfer of Persons in Custody”]

1. A person in the custody of the authorities of the territory represented by the Requested Party whose presence in the territory represented by the Requesting Party is sought for purposes of assistance under this Agreement may be transferred from the territory represented by the Requested Party to the territory represented by the Requesting Party for that purpose [color=#FF0000]if the person consents[/color] and if the Designated Representatives for both Parties agree.

2. A person in the custody of the authorities of the territory represented by the Requesting Party whose presence in the territory represented by the Requested Party is sought for purposes of assistance under this Agreement may be transferred from the territory represented by the Requesting Party to the territory represented by the Requested Party [color=#FF0000]if the person consents [/color]and if the Designated Representatives for both Parties agree.[/quote]

Think so? Looks extremely UNcompelling to me. No eyewitnesses, no testimony from victims, no DNA (as you point out), no photos or videos, nothing whatsoever to link the suspect to the alleged crimes (except apparent geographic proximity).[/quote]

You don’t need DNA evidence to show he skipped bail and fled the country, which is what those documents are talking about. Those documents are not to provide information on the molestation charges, but to provide information on the getting the hell out of town chrges.

Think so? Looks extremely UNcompelling to me. No eyewitnesses, no testimony from victims, no DNA (as you point out), no photos or videos, nothing whatsoever to link the suspect to the alleged crimes (except apparent geographic proximity).[/quote]

You don’t need DNA evidence to show he skipped bail and fled the country, which is what those documents are talking about. Those documents are not to provide information on the molestation charges, but to provide information on the getting the hell out of town chrges.[/quote]

I recognize that, but he’s not being demonized for being a bail skipper (this thread isn’t titled “police arrest bail skipper”), but for fucking infants (or whatever the exact allegations are). I believe people were saying (or suggesting) that the pdf file linked above contained “compelling evidence” that he fucked infants.

I don’t think it does. If I recall correctly, it contains only allegations that infants being cared for at his wife’s daycare allegedly had injuries in their vaginas or rectums, but doesn’t contain any accounts of witnesses or photos or videos or DNA evidence or anything else to connect him with the alleged crimes. To find a person guilty of a crime in the US one needs “clear and convincing” evidence. Undoubtedly the police have some evidence of some kind, but if I recall correctly that FBI document doesn’t refer to any evidence of any kind linking him to the alleged fucking of infants.

The FBI Complaint of Illegal Flight to Avoid Prosecution that I posted is the same as the one he found.[/quote]
Really?
Not much detail there, now is there?
I agree with MT, there’s not much “detailed compelling” evidence in that pdf file.

"Kinko, Kinko, the kid-loving clown
if the kids just love me back I’ll never wear a frown
Kinko, Kinko, the kid loving clown
if the kids just love me back I’ll never wear a frown!!!

Kinko’s in his Kinko car, pockets full of change
lots of dirty pictures and sticky candy canes.
All the kids love Kinko for the presents that they get
silly leather clothes to wear and happy cigaretts.

-Hi boys and girls, my name is Kinko the clown!!!
-Hi Kinko!!!
-And I really love you boys and girls!!!
Really, really…
-Awwww
-But my legs get tired standing out in the parking lot handing out
stale tootsie rolls to you rugrats, so if anyone wants to come back
to Kinko’s trailer and massage his legs, he’d really really like it.
Really, really…

Kinko, Kinko, the kid-loving clown
if the kids just love me back I’ll never wear a frown
Kinko, Kinko, the kid loving clown
if the kids just love me back I’ll never wear a frown!!!

We go to Kinkos clubhouse, sometimes after school
we play in Kinkos crawl space, there’s never any room
We have to sit on Kinkos lap there’s never any chairs
Kinko likes to tickle us and give us funny stares.

-Gee I haven’t had this much fun since Christmas when I got
to play Santa Clause and all the boys and girls got to sit on Kinko’s lap-
-Mommy mommy! Kinko hurt me!-
-But that was in Indianapolis and thanks to the liberal reciprocity laws here
Kinko can be with you boys and girls today or anytime.

Jimmy Johnson ran away and didn’t say goodbye
Kinko went to look for him to help the FBI
But Kinko has some handcuffs on, his eyes were full of tears
said “I’ll be back to play with you sometime in 20 years!”

the parents wanna beat me up and run me outta town!
tar and feather Kinko and run him out of town!

-Bye, boys and girls!!!
-Bye, Kinko! See you at the turn of the century!
-Kinko really loves you, boys and girls!!
Really, really…"

just saying…

I’m your wicked
Uncle Ernie
I’m glad you won’t
see or hear me
As I fiddle about
Fiddle about
Fiddle about !

Your mother left
me here to mind
you
Now I’m doing
what I want to
Fiddling about
Fiddling about
Fiddle about!

Down with the bedclothes
Up with your nightshirt!
Fiddle about
Fiddle about
Fiddle about !

I think you guys are sick. To sit and type those songs out…or to go and find it and copy paste it. What for? Do you think you’re funny? What exactly do you want to add to this discussion. This is serious.

The authorities will investigate and take appropriate actions. What positive benefit could possibly result from a bunch of yahoos, myself included, yammering on about the case on forumosa?

The FBI came over to get him:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … gitive.htm

Yes. He’s back in California and residing in the San Diego Central Jail. Here’s his booking sheet and the current charges filed against him. He’s being held without bail. It’s doubtful we’ll ever see him again in Taiwan. Interesting side note: His wife Anita bailed out and is no longer in custody. I wonder if we might see her try to make a run for it and come to Taiwan!

Requested charge information for booking number: 9718212 (Only active charges and arrests are shown.)

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 1
Bail Flag: [color=#FF0000]N[/color]
Bail Amount:$0.00
Description:CHILD CRUELTY:POS INJ/DTH
Code:PC
Statute:273A(A) PC

Charge#: 2
Bail Flag: I
Description:L&L W/CHILD UNDER 14
Statute:288(A) PC

Charge#: 3
Description:L&L W/CHILD UNDER 14
Statute:288(A) PC

Charge#: 4

Charge#: 5

Bail Flag Codes:
Y or I - Charge is eligible for bail.
H or N - Inmate may not be bailed out on that given charge.
B - Bail is not required on this charge.

The Taiwan authorities were happy to give him up to the FBI who came to fetch him and they all left on an EVA jet. Wonder if they got any frequent flyer miles? Or perhaps the tickets were courtesy of the Taiwan govt?

It’s been a year since Mr. Kaczmarczyk was arrested in Taiwan and was returned to San Diego California to face trial for his alleged crimes. Since his return to the US he’s been held in jail in lieu of $4 million dollars bail! His trial is scheduled to start July 20, 2010. It was originally scheduled for February 24, 2010, but it was continued until July.

Here’s the most recent news regarding his predicament.
You can also read the full legal complaint against him here.

Mark Lee Kaczmarczyk, arrested in Taiwan on charges of child molestation at a San Diego day care center. (Reuters)

[quote=“San Diego Channel 6 News”]
New Charges Added in Daycare Sexual Abuse Case

SAN DIEGO - Prosecutors on Tuesday added multiple-victim and substantial sexual conduct allegations against a woman charged with her husband with molesting and sexually assaulting four children at the daycare facility they ran out of their Mission Valley apartment.

The special allegations mean Anita Kaczmarczyk, 44, faces up to 60 years to life in prison if convicted of four counts of child molestation and child abuse, said Deputy District Attorney Harrison Kennedy.

Her husband, Mark Kaczmarczyk, 58, faces the same charges and possible prison sentence as his wife if convicted.

Anita Kaczmarczyk is free on $150,000 bail. Mark Kaczmarczyk remains in custody in lieu of $4 million bail.

[strike]Judge Robert F. O’Neill set the couple’s trial for Feb. 24, 2010.[/strike][color=#FF0000]A continuance has been granted during the preliminaries and the trial has now been rescheduled for July 20, 2010.[/color]

According to evidence presented at a preliminary hearing in April, an investigation started in September 2007 when one of the alleged victims – who ranged in age from a few months to just over 2 years old – suffered vaginal injuries.

San Diego police Detective Tim Williams testified that a day after the 2-year-old girl’s vaginal injuries were discovered, he asked Mark Kaczmarczyk if he sexually assaulted the toddler and Kaczmarczyk responded, “Was she raped?” and “No, I would not do that,” and laughed.

A friend of the Kaczmarczyks told the detective that Anita Kaczmarczyk said the couple went to Carlsbad with the toddler to look at a home.

Williams said Mark Kaczmarczyk told him that while there, he lost sight of the girl for a moment and she ran back to him saying, “Owee, owee, owee.”

Mark Kaczmarczyk said he didn’t immediately tell his wife about the incident because he didn’t want to get in trouble with her, Williams testified.

During their interview, Mark Kaczmarczyk was asked direct questions but “danced around everything,” Williams testified.

Kennedy told a judge that the four alleged victims were all in good health and uninjured until they went to the couple’s daycare.

The alleged victims had “unique and very troubling injuries,” Kennedy told Judge Polly Shamoon.

“With each of them, it’s their genitals that are damaged,” Kennedy said.

One young boy had a black-and-blue bruise at the tip of his penis that couldn’t have been self-inflicted or caused by a toilet seat slamming on it as suggested by the defense, Kennedy said.

Kennedy said another young boy had a lesion between his testicles and his anus and a bloody diaper belonging to a third young boy was found at the defendants’ apartment.

Mother Testifies

The father of a 2 1/2-year-old girl noticed blood in her diaper after taking the toddler home from a husband-and-wife daycare center in Mission Valley, the child’s mother testified back in April.

Vanessa Park was the first witness to testify in a preliminary hearing to determine whether a trial will be ordered for Mark and Anita Kaczmarczyk, who are accused of molesting four young children at the daycare center they operated from their apartment.

Park, who shared custody of her daughter with her ex-husband Patrick, said he called her the night of Sept. 11, 2007, saying he had found blood in the toddler’s diaper.

“He told me she had just woken up from her nap and he opened up her diaper and there was blood in it,” Park testified.

Her daughter was fine before being dropped off at the daycare center operated by the 43-year-old female defendant, Park testified.

Upon hearing the news about the blood in the diaper, Park said she called her mother, who recalled Park having similar episodes as a child and recommended that she take the girl to the doctor in the morning.

Health officials recommended taking the child directly to Rady Children’s Hospital, where doctors showed the parents photographs of bruising and lacerations on girl’s genitalia, Park testified.

“I cried,” the mother said, recalling her reaction when she heard the news.

Child Protective Services personnel took the child to the Polinsky Children’s Center for three days before releasing her back to her mother.

Park’s ex-husband was ordered to have no contact with their daughter because police considered him a suspect in the molestation, the woman testified.

Park – who at the time lived in the same apartment complex as the Kaczmarczyks – said her ex-husband was out of town in the days leading up to the discovery of blood in their daughter’s diaper.

The witness said she was under the impression that the daycare business was Anita Kaczmarczyk’s and that the woman’s husband had just lost his job and was looking for new employment.

Park – a corrections officer at the Miramar brig – testified that Mark Kaczmarczyk told her how good she looked in a military uniform and made comments about his sex life with his wife.

The witness said Mark Kaczmarczyk, 58, told her that if his marriage continued down its current path, it might end up in divorce like Park’s.

At the apartment complex pool, he also told Park and her girlfriends that they were looking “very sexy” in their bathing suits, she testified.

The comments made her “uncomfortable when Anita was nearby,” the mother said.

Park said the defendant also asked her inappropriate questions about her sex life when she was married and told her that her ex-husband was a good- looking man.

Based on evidence developed in the investigation, a family court ordered Mark Kaczmarczyk into a Sexual Offender Treatment Program. The defendant participated in 12 group therapy sessions but stopped going without permission and was terminated from the program in January, according to authorities.

A subsequent investigation determined that Mark Kaczmarczyk left the United States and went to Taiwan last Dec. 8. He was taken into custody Feb. 15 and returned to San Diego on March 6.

They each face a maximum of 60 years to life in prison if convicted.[/quote]