Taiwan Police Shoot Foreigner

In a really stupid move, one of our own, a 20 year veteran of life in Taiwan, attempted to evade the police while severely intoxicated on his scooter. I have little sympathy for this brain dead move, but then the cop shoots him thru both legs and the media canonizes the prick cop. Just a dreadful story all around.

Maoman has set up a facebook page to support him, so contact him via PM if you want an invite.

Even the most trigger happy cop in the west would not shoot a guy for evading police for dui. Usually they would break off a high speed chase so no one would be killed.

Wow. Just wow

The guy was attempting to take the police’s weapon. If he got shot he deserved it, and should be sentenced to a million years for that.

1 Like

I missed the whole story TL, I was reading the entire story and i want to retract my last statement. It wasnt just a simple flee the scene it appears.

Is this true?

Is this true?[/quote]
Of course it’s true. Taiwan Luthiers read it in the Apple Daily.

1 Like

I saw a story somewhere else, not on Apple Daily. However assaulting a police officer is justification for using a firearm and any trigger happy cops in the West would have shot to kill. Even the story lined here says the person assaulted the officer.

The guy deserved what he got.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]I saw a story somewhere else, not on Apple Daily. However assaulting a police officer is justification for using a firearm and any trigger happy cops in the West would have shot to kill. Even the story lined here says the person assaulted the officer.
[/quote]
How do you know what happened? Were you there?
There is no video evidence, no witnesses. Are you merely taking the cop’s word on it?

I’m basing on what is available at the moment.

tw.news.yahoo.com/%E7%BE%8E%E7%B … 14009.html

This one alleges the person assaulted the police and attempted to damage his radio. Time will tell what the investigation and forensics show. I do not know about Taiwan but in America if a police discharges his firearm, whether by accident or not, he is suspended until IA investigates the case.

The news article also alleges that the person attempted to ram the police car, cutting out the video. If that’s the case it does at least show an intent to harm, in which case the use of a firearm was justifiable.

This “news” is five days old. Please read the thread over at the 'ease first and don’t waste your breath repeating their argument which to summarize briefly is sad old drunk kindy teacher who deserves no sympathy vs fucked up Taiwanese police/justice system vs racist media.

My :2cents: ? We all have to stop driving drunk in Taiwan if we haven’t already. Too many people’s lives are being messed up because drunk dickheads can’t or won’t take a cab home.

If the fucknut never walks again…then he got what he deserved.

If it really happened like Apple Daily claim, the rest of the media would have been talking about nothing else all week - drunk foreigner, fighting with police, tries to take his gun, gets shot. That’s that stuff the local media dreams of. The fact that there’s been relatively little coverage of it over the past week speaks volumes.

question is, would you show any sympathy if a Taiwanese went to America and did the same thing? Would you say “corrupt/overzealous law enforcement”?

Exactly. Gonne are the days when whitey could get away by not speaking Chinese. The Law is coming hard folks. Thread carefully. This ain’t Kansas, you will always be the foreiner = bad guy. Media is biased against you, so wll civil society at large. Extra super care, crossing ts and dotting is. This is being on the wrong side, that of prejudice.

In Us or sny other country, a citizen or visitor originally from another country is covered by the Law and there are regulations in place that tryvto alleviate a trial by media. Not to mention lawsuits. Plus a rather bigger chance to an impartial investigation. Taiwanese cannot protect their own lawfully -see Daou thread as example- least of all furriner can himself.

1 Like

IN the old days if you drove away from a police check the fuzz likely will just let u fly . But today they are not allowed to do so freely. He was lucky he wasnt just gunned down.

I hate to say it, but in the USA, he likely would have been shot dead.

We had a case locally where a young girl called 911 and told police that her dad had a knife and was threatening her mom.

The 911 operator kept her calm and the police arrived. The man opened the door with the knife in hand and the cops shot him dead on the spot. You could hear the little girl scream on the 911 tape.

She wanted her dad calmed down, im sure she didnt want him shot dead.

The family want to sue the cops, but the cops released the tape of her describing her dad had a knife and was threatening her mom harm.

This and the fact that the man refused to drop his weapon immediately resulted in him getting shot dead. Not just shot, but shot dead.

For sure this guy wouldve been shot dead in the USA, theres little doubt.

Hes lucky to be shot in the legs only.

The motto: Dont run from cops .

1 Like

I don’t know who’s at fault obviously, but I’m greatly upset by the way Apple reported it. “Brave cop shoots fat, drunk foreigner trying to flee.”

Seriously, there is so much wrong with that.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]I don’t know who’s at fault obviously, but I’m greatly upset by the way Apple reported it. “Brave cop shoots fat, drunk foreigner trying to flee.”

Seriously, there is so much wrong with that.[/quote]

Are there any factual issues with that description?

Maybe this incident was a long time coming, and maybe there was an inordinate amount of bad moves on either side; but the fact of the matter is that the people who know won’t talk, and the folks that do the most talking, speak with forked tongues.
As the latter know shite, what with their own faulty isolated prism imbedded on the actual event at hand.

Every bit of it. My personal opinion is that a cop shooting a motorist speeding away is not “brave,” but that aside, bravery is a subjective term that Apple Daily decided to include in their report, betraying their lack of bias. These words do not belong in headlines because they color the news: The cop is brave so you’re on his side before even reading the story, and the foreigner is fat so you automatically look down on him as a slob.

If you don’t agree, please explain why the headline wasn’t written “Cop shoots brown-haired foreigner” / “Cop shoots foreigner wearing grey shirt” / “Cop shoots drunk motorist”

Every bit of it. My personal opinion is that a cop shooting a motorist speeding away is not “brave,” but that aside, bravery is a subjective term that Apple Daily decided to include in their report, betraying their lack of bias. These words do not belong in headlines because they color the news: The cop is brave so you’re on his side before even reading the story, and the foreigner is fat so you automatically look down on him as a slob.

If you don’t agree, please explain why the headline wasn’t written “Cop shoots brown-haired foreigner” / “Cop shoots foreigner wearing grey shirt” / “Cop shoots drunk motorist”[/quote]

Here here

How do you expect Apple Daily will sell any copies of its rag if it didnt pander to the most racist and low class :bow: