Taiwan Receipt Lottery

It looks like they cancelled the service in favor of an online app?! Weird reasoning to me: “Oh, in a few years we may be able to provide this service online, although we’re not sure, but anyway, later!” Based on links below, I guess the post office stopped helping at the end of 2018, and convenience stores started providing cash (again? Didn’t they do this, long long ago?) at the start of 2019.

As others have said in other threads, yes, you can get cash for $200 at convenience stores (and I think $1000, but I haven’t won that in a while), but the efficiency at which this may be done varies widely from branch to branch.

2 Likes

When this rule first took effect it took me three trips to the same 7-11 to finally get them to redeem my winnings (after they’d called the store manager and I guess a main office). Now, I always go to the same 7-11 to cash in my fapiao because I don’t want to go through the hassle of “training” another store.

3 Likes

My wife gave me and other members of our family a bar code. This bar code gets you a little more money because It’s paperless but I’m not sure I want my wife knowing how many every little purchase I make.
How can I quietly get myself one of them there barcodes

Try this: https://www.einvoice.nat.gov.tw/APCONSUMER/BTC501W/

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Big Fat Zero

After Bitcoin’s this week this is the straw breaking the camel’s back

2 Likes

200NT$, same as last round.

2 Likes

500NT$ for a cloud invoice (phone bill I paid with Taiwan Pay)

2 Likes