Taiwan Receipt Lottery

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

How do you check the yo-yo card bounded recipets?

Someone was caught cheating and had to pay back $30,000NTD

1 Like

That’s ridiculous, it’s not cheating if you buy lots of lottery tickets

“did not fit regular consumption patterns and as such violated related lottery regulations”

Lottery regulations? Never heard of such a thing

If you’re smart enough to work out the probability of winning and use it to your advantage, you won fair and square. He should now get a refund for everything he purchased if tax bureau wants the lottery winnings back.

Looks like he’s in Taipei. Probably wouldn’t have happened if he lived in Chiayi or somewhere. Taipei tax bureau being strict again.

1 Like

But what are the rules on this? Like was he buying items, and having them all paid separately? What about shipping?

Even if you spent 1nt on each receipt the odds of winning is such that you’ll make about 200nt, but you need about 250 or so receipts to get a single win.

That’s if you are buying plastic bags from the store, and only plastic bags.

Has to be paid separately, but they didn’t specify what types of online purchases.

A few years ago the local crypto exchanges would issue you a fapiao for every small trade. Like if you traded 10 NTD for Bitcoin and then back again they’d issue you two fapiao even though the cost to you is almost zero. I was thinking someone must’ve took advantage of that already to win the lottery. I never had the chance to take advantage of such a scheme though.

There is nothing smart about it. It is simply amassing as many receipts as possible.

1 Like

Yea, except fapiao lottery winning isn’t a right, it’s a privilege. There’s a term of use attached to it, and it does not include inflating the number of receipt to win money. They essentially reserve the right to demand the winning back if they think you’re doing that.

After all they’re not idiots.

They could easily place a minimum spend on each payment.

I’ve noticed people of a certain age buying multiple times in convenience stores. It’s a tad annoying.

It’s OK if you’ve got nothing to do with your time, but irritating for others.

I didn’t seek out this thread, but I won $800 cloud on the last drawing :grin:

3 Likes

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Woo! Didn’t win again!

2 Likes

You need to buy more plastic bags :whistle:

1 Like

Odds of win must be freaking low. I think if I collected every single receipt I won like 1 a year if I’m lucky.

1 Like

I haven’t won for a while as well.
But this February got lucky with one 500NTD win for a 101NTD FamilyMart purchase.

3 Likes

Woooo!!! 200 bucks after 5~6mths! :smirk:

That doesn’t sound bad to me! I used to win regularly, but now it’s been since early last year. I thought switching to the e-invoices might improve my chances, but it hasn’t worked yet. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

My same experience: Before e-invoices I won at least $200 with the paper receipts in 3-4 drawings each year (at least 50% of the time). Now I mostly use the e-invoices and maybe have a winner only once a year.

2 Likes

I’m not even sure the number is completely random. I think it’s picked based on a fixed amount of funds available.