Taiwan Stimulus Vouchers and Relief Packages Discussion

or get a voucher and pay for some stimulus

Heard on the radio this morning they extended preorder to July 12th.

Here is an article to read:

2 Likes

In todayā€™s Taipei Times, the awesome Steven Crook asks: whatā€™s the logic behind not including foreign residents of Taiwan not married to Taiwan citizens in this scheme? His conclusion: the folks who crafted this scheme have ā€œshown little willingness to discuss their reasoning.ā€

Guy

7 Likes

You can throw the shit-fest investigation with the other one to find out who was/were final decision-maker(s) for this :point_up_2: and for the ARC/APRC covid-19 test.
Name the official(s).
Iā€™ve heard of the person who hates ARC/APRC holders (on the covid-19 test affair), but want to see if anyone else heard the same name.

2 Likes

Sounds like theyā€™ve perfected buck passing down to a fine art.

The Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), the department in charge of the voucher program, took nine days to acknowledge a list of questions submitted by the Taipei Times ā€¦ at least four of the 10 questions went unanswered.
ā€¦
want to refer you toā€¦ the Ministry of the Interior (MOI)
ā€¦
In 2009, Taiwan had a different president and a different ruling party.
ā€¦
a matter handled by the Ministry of Economic Affairs. Therefore, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has no comments on this subject

6 Likes

Letā€™s call a spade a spade: Itā€™s to prevent the blue-collar SE Asian workers from receiving the vouchers.

14 Likes

Iā€™m afraid this is the correct answer. They thought giving migrant workers the stimulus vouchers would be unpopular with voters, but also couldnā€™t leave them out while including other foreigners without getting called out for the blatant discrimination.

Easy solution is thus to leave the foreigners out entirely.

5 Likes

Has any ARC or ARRC holder been able to hook up their credit card? Or are we limited to the paper vouchers?

I tried, but failed.
Only the paper vouchers worked for me.

2 Likes

Lots of hotels booked full and some raising prices to compensate for vouchersā€¦

Hotels near the Taipei train station at NT$1000 per night for family of family are not full. These are solid hotels (clean, newly furnished, updated), that are not official ā€œ4 starā€ or ā€œ5 starā€ or International.
Do your due diligence. Sheetloads of nice hotels ready to take your vouchers at very good prices.

Surprisingly I received a SMS this morning saying that my application for paper voucher was rejected because I was not qualified (thou I have a marriage APRC and spouse is Taiwanese) and that they will reimburse the 1,000NTD credit card payment.

Now Iā€™m trying my luck with linking the online voucher with credit card bank, but something is telling me that I might get refused as well.

1 Like

Have they provided a reason?

Hereā€™s the SMS. It doesnā€™t seem to provide any obvious reason.

You didnā€™t obscure that number very effectively.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s better!

1 Like

I suggest you to try again.
Perhaps it was just a system error.

1 Like

I was able to do this. But I had to go to the NIA with my wifeā€™s ID first.

1 Like

4 million 500TWD vouchers drawn by lottery to buy sports related stuff (tickets, equipment, eSportsā—equipment)

https://don500.sa.gov.tw/FOAS/actions/SportsAdmin.action

1 Like

ā€œAnother day, another voucherā€ :rofl:

3 Likes