Taiwan Stimulus Vouchers and Relief Packages Discussion

Is that actually the rule? If so, lol even more. So the government has really made a non-existent group of foreign children “eligible”?

It’s that plus pre-school, kindergarten kids and, I believe, middle school kids who have special needs of some sort.

But, yeah, the link that I quoted is a direct quote.

Can confirm based on my experience today, child must have an APRC. One of mine does, the other doesn’t hence I received 10,000NT in the post office, was not possible to process for the standard ARC. Given that taxes and child rearing costs are paid by the parent and not by the child the rule makes absolutely no sense and just ensures that only the fewest of the few qualify.

From what I see on Facebook there may be an even smaller subsection where kids do have an APRC after less than 5 years as their parents have investment visas or such like, I have no info on this but apparently it was spouted to one parent when they questioned the logic of having a 0-2 year old category when they needed an APRC which generally requires 5 years.

5 Likes

Today:

Not much new, but they’re going to give 4 million food vouchers and 1.2 million travel vouchers, $500 and $1000 respectively. That’s within a total of 13 million “themed” vouchers in addition to the $5000 vouchers. Who gets those? 13 million is a lot less than how many people are in Taiwan. I could do with a food voucher, but that covers less than 20% of the population.

It’s like the sport voucher, it’s determined by lottery

Interesting. Is it just a random pick out of everyone in the country? The article mentions that these will be administered through the voucher site, 5000.tw. For the sports lottery, did you have to register that you wanted it and then they picked from that group?
Were non-married APRC holders included in the sports thing?

What the f*ck can one do with travel vouchers? Spread COVID? They really didn’t think this one through, pressure from the travel lobby probably.

Do you have COVID? If so, you should quarantine immediately and notify authorities.

Can you recommend me a lawyer? I’ll need one when they catch me. :roll_eyes:

Perhaps one should refrain from saying something this stupid.

If you don’t have it, then you can’t spread it.

1 Like

Did you edit my post? So I look stupid?

No. You edited your post.

Carry on than!

You’re absolutely correct.

4 Likes

Absolutely unfair. Why pay tax then ?
Why contribute to Taiwan ?
Taxpayers have rights too.

Apart from being unfair, it’s really stupid because it’s supposed to STIMULATE the economy

The coupons can only be spent HERE.

By excluding 800k ppl that’s a lot of easy stimulus that wasn’t used.

6 Likes

Because we wouldn’t want Southeast Asian and dark people to benefit now would we?

:roll:

7 Likes

Foreigners here working hard get shafted…Meanwhile the ‘Wo Ai Taiwan’’ youtube waiguo crowd have mostly left Taiwan.

This last year and a half has really changed my view of Taiwan . I like the nature, my family, certain hobbies…But the other stuff is telling me we are not wanted or needed or appreciated loud and clear. I should have got that message earlier. oh well.

5 Likes

I thought most of those are tourists to begin with.

Nick Kembel claims to be living in Taiwan and Canada but his blog says he left permanently in 2019.

Remember the Wolf guy which makes wolf sound music…Moved back to Canada years ago. Took some money from Miaoli with him in his pocket.

The blonde cute one they love here…ran off as well

Loads of other randomers same thing , disappeared soon as covid hit.

And the crowd that came back to Taiwan from America last year didn’t last long this year…

But Taiwan is happy with their 3000 gold card immigrants in a population of 23 million :expressionless::no_mouth::no_mouth:.

Cause Taiwan wants zuckerbergs. They don’t want the unproven.