Taiwan Stimulus Vouchers and Relief Packages Discussion

True, but they were eligible for the stimulus vouchers. Were APRC holders eligible for the travel vouchers?

My kids got the travel vouchers , I didn’t.
Why? Because obviously I am foreign scum , I must keep working and pay my taxes for Taiwanese people. Couldn’t possibly enjoy some benefits.

6 Likes

It’s worth sticking around for the delicious food though, right? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

2 Likes

You are already contributing by helping increase the birth rate!

Guy

“Quintuple Stimulus Vouchers” (振興五倍券) officially available on Oct. 8

vouchers are worth NT$5,000 and will be free of charge

pre-orders can begin on Sept. 22

7 Likes

Wonder if there will be a “used by” date.

Says on the right.

Just above the value.

6 Likes

gotcha. Didn’t look at the picture closely. Thanks.

1 Like

Screw it. I’ve made my own. :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

Turn those frowns upside down!

Hopefully they would then be worth more.

Guy

Gotta make them and hand them into stores.

4 Likes

Hang on, I’ve made a better version.

7 Likes

Aiiii.

It will take a special type of establishment to accept those ones.

Guy

2 Likes

Now from a reputable source :grin:

I like his cue stick pointer :rofl:

3 Likes

So same conditions as last time basically in terms of foreigners who can get them. APRC don’t have to wait for the leftovers only.

3 Likes

Yes this time APRC holders not married to Taiwan nationals are eligible right off the bat.

Guy

3 Likes

I used to work in the same office block as Su Zhen Chang. Didn’t want to bother him as a private citizen at the time so left him alone . Can’t believe he would discriminate like this. Quite disappointing as he is somebody I looked up to (one of the early founders of the DPP I think).

People are products of their environment. We shouldn’t fault them as they grew up in the dictatorship times. The correct thing to do is educate.

It is not always easy to put your feet in someone else’s shoes in a country as homogenous as Taiwan.

My parents also grew up in a very different , very homogeneous and very conservative society. So did all my in-laws. They were able to change their minds on things and still remain very open to his day and welcoming to new ideas and foreigners living there. I don’t think that’s an excuse.

2 Likes

It’s like his signature presentation pool stick, he uses it all the time.

2 Likes