Taiwan Stimulus Vouchers and Relief Packages Discussion

No potential for fraudsters there lol.

Nice explanation from Winklers.

2 Likes

Questions about the stimulus voucher program can be directed to the NIA via its hotline at 0800-024-111, which provides service in seven languages ā€“ Chinese, English, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Thai and Cambodian

2 Likes

How is this supposed to work? It looks like the more you buy in Taipei, the more chance you have of winning a voucher, is that right? I have the app, but I canā€™t figure out how it knows when I buy something. Thereā€™s a way to link an EasyCard and EasyWallet to it. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s it.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/tw/zh-tw/whats-hot/supervalue.html

notsurprisedkirk

Anyone tried to sign up yet? I tried to bind it to my LinePay account, but not only do I constantly get an error, my LinePay account on my phone isnā€™t working. It looks like the system has crashed.

1 Like

Many banks/payment systems crashed. :man_shrugging:

E_3o_uBVgAQm6QH

:banana:

5 Likes

I also tried LinePay but it did not accept the new ID format. Used my old number, got further but rejected at the last step.

Then tried JkoPay and was successful but will not get payment until Oct 8th.

Were you registering for LinePay for the first time? Iā€™ve had an account (old style number) for a long time and got the first round of vouchers.
This is the first Iā€™ve heard of a foreigner signing up with JkoPay. Last I checked, only citizens could use it.

Yes I just started using Line Pay. But I have been using JKo for awhile. I am not a Taiwanese citizen.

Tried tying to my debit card and the bankā€™s website is downā€¦

Tried ā€˜bindingā€™ it to my ESUN credit card, but their site has been down all day for ā€˜bindingā€™.

Yea thats my bank too. Itā€™s been down all day.

Pretty sure when it finally works, itā€™ll reject my APRC number.

Or they will have run out of those special additional vouchersā€¦

The very first time I tried to register through LinePay I got some weird message that looked like it said I didnā€™t have a bill payment registered. I donā€™t pay bills with LinePay, so I hope thatā€™s not something I need to do. After the whole system went down so I hope I didnā€™t break it.

You guys are not making much of a case to get the electronic version(s) of these vouchers. :rofl:

Guy

Yea I could try to get the electronic version for a CHANCE of winning a 500nt food voucher. But electronic voucher donā€™t work at Costco because of their stupid ā€œCostco brand card onlyā€ policy.

And Costco is the best value I could get out of themā€¦

Hey there, I am a foreign spouse of a Taiwanese citizen and we are both in Taiwan BUT Iā€™m only here on a 90 day visa. Am I eligible to get the 5k?

1 Like

So I managed to register for the digital credit card version of the stimulus voucher. Does anyone know how it works exactly? Is it just as simple as I spend, say, $6000 on my credit card and only have to pay $1000 on my next statement?

1 Like

If youā€™re dissatisfied with them, you could always just donate them to some migrant workers or, better yet, me, rather than complaining. :roll_eyes: