Taiwan Stimulus Vouchers and Relief Packages Discussion

Um…just use the vouchers to buy stuff you’d normally spend cash on…you know… food and toilet paper and stuff. Then use the cash you would have used to buy your booze.

Problem solved.

8 Likes

I just stood in line behind someone for I don’t know how long. They had a fistful of insurance cards and were hitting the voucher button over and over. The system must be overloaded because it seemed to only work once out of every ten tries. There were two people in front of me and three behind by the time I gave up and left. I only needed to print a document. Makes me want to holler. I wish I’d taken a picture.

I got mine but will use it to buy food and cat litter at costco

I’m flying back early next month. Will I still be able to to the vouchers then?

I think they have a second wave next month. They would prefer people waiting to get the voucher actually so they don’t get overloaded.

1 Like

I can only get 1?

If you have your mom and dad’s NHI card (or any of your siblings’ NHI card, if they have one), you can “help” them to get theirs, no?

They will get their own. I think they wanted mine lol. I was like NO! I’m coming back :rofl:

I don’t get why they don’t let people get 2-3. If people really wanted to spend money, why not?

People are still free to spend money. It’s only the government that spends less.

I finally went to the Post office and couldn’t buy my vouchers, I could only get my daughter’s.
I have APRC due to work but my wife is Taiwanese. They had me cal 1988 who ask me to call NIA(02-23885185) who asked me call another NIA number (02-23889393) who asked to call ext3122 who then transfered me to ext 3155.

Told me my APRC is for work, I said I have a Taiwanese wife, asked me how long we have been married and proceeded to ask for my wife’s ID number. Asked me to wait 2-3 days to be added in the list.

4 Likes

Sounds like a bit of trouble for the foreign spouses as well as for the government workers, what with all the call transfers and trying to figure out how to process these vouchers.

But keeping the vouchers out of the hands of blue collar workers makes all the hassle worth it in the end. :unamused: /snark

6 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong here. There are, let’s say, 1 million SEA workers in Taiwan and they’re getting approx. 25k a month in salary. Each of them pays the minimum of tax at 5% but, they aren’t allowed to receive a voucher to spend money, in Taiwan, instead of sending it home. This is after contributing an additional $1000/worker/voucher.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the details here. I have a question that’s probably been mentioned upthread, but if so I can’t find it: does changing the APRC this way affect your APRC? (I.e. if the marriage goes south, is your APRC still based on work, rather than marriage?) If I can “fix” this with a few minutes on a phone call - rather than a trip to the Banqiao office - then sure; but if it changes my immigration status, no thanks.

2 Likes

Contrary to what was said, one does not lose the APRC after divorce.

2 Likes

No. One loses a JFRV.

Thanks. I was just going to ask. You saved me some hassle.
So call first then go to the post office?

1 Like

Correct. And that would affect their ARC, not their APRC.

1 Like

Thank you.

BTW post office is really fast at handing those coupons. My coworker took all 2 minutes… mostly going up and down the stairs to retrieve them.

Just got mine at 7-11 after a 5 minute wait…was supposed to get 6 sets but the store had the last 5 left (the rest was locked in the safe and the clerks had no idea how to open it without the manager’s help)…Will go tomorrow to get my last set. :grin:

2 Likes

What about ARC?