Taiwan tax revenue will exceed targets by NT$355 billion

This seems to be the priority right now.
Extend their service time but sweeten the deal with more than triple of previous pay.

6 Likes

Doubt a bunch of conscripts gonna cost 355 Billion.

1 Like

Oh come on in Taiwan they’d have “Hello Kitty” designs.

1 Like

Perhaps Tsai could dial up Putin to ask how he does it so well.

Guy

corruption-corruption-everywhere-g2z4e8

3 Likes

wow, 14% is good, and could be much better and hide the tin roof tops I can see from my office (hide the local color)

2 Likes

Most off shore wind farms are still in construction, so we are also barely scratching the green energy surface.

The government plans to introduce tax breaks in 2023 that would benefit 6 million people. Even so, Taiwan’s revenues for the year are expected to be considerable.

Is this one of those 8% daily average but 14% at one time sort of a deal?

Currently it’s sitting at 16.841%. Combined with wind, it’s generating 20% of total electricity in Taiwan.

If you want to follow that number, you can just check up on this Taipower page daily.
https://www.taipower.com.tw/tc/page.aspx?cchk=b6134cc6-838c-4bb9-b77a-0b0094afd49d&cid=406&mid=206

I think it’s over 10% everyday in the morning.

1 Like

Crash program to develop ICBMs with nuclear warheads. :+1:

2 Likes

This ! Better water management. With all the rain, Taiwan can do better to get clean water to the homes. Air is getter better, blue sky day this past week in KHH city.

1 Like

To do that you will need to build a few more nuclear power plants. The necessary trigger comes from nuclear fission products… this is one reason why countries have them.

2 Likes

Another good use for the extra money. :+1:

1 Like

How about a nationwide program to eliminate shitty toilet paper in waste bins? I’m a simple man.

2 Likes

Build more government housing for everyone including foreign resident tax payers

Make them as affordable as Singapore HDBs (something you can afford after working for 5 years at a regular job). That means it should cost around 50k USD or 1.5 mil NTD to buy a 2 bedroom new condo unit in Taipei for resident tax payers. Then everyone will start having kids, population will start growing, and economy will grow.

Don’t spend the extra tax on stimulus vouchers only for citizens. That’ll piss off foreign tax payers.

3 Likes

Replace the squatters with sitdown toilets all over the country please. :relieved:

Put more money into water/pipe quality regulations and into enforcement of regulations

1 Like

Seems to be some sort of spot estimate. Solar reading 3.717% now?

It’s winter, and almost 5PM, that’s to be expected.

If they are spot estimates, they need to be integrated to derive some sort of central estimate. The numbers you were throwing around upthread are (just as) misrepresentative.