Taiwan tax revenue will exceed targets by NT$355 billion

How about giving it back to the taxpayers they took it from in the first place?

6 Likes

Misrepresentative? How so? I always say

and

It’s doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know solar power goes to zero at night.

Depending on how long a period you want to analyze, you can figure out the percentage of solar power is averaged to a day, week or year.

For example, for the entire day yesterday solar power was about 5.65% of total power production.

If you want annual figures, there is an interactive taipower chart. It lumps all renewable energy together though.

https://www.taipower.com.tw/tc/chart_m/b06_發電資訊_核能營運現況與績效_歷年發購電量結構及核能發電量占比.html

Last year renewable energy produced 6.3% of total generated/purchased energy. This year would no doubt be higher, since that percentage has been higher every year.

2 Likes

This is the line I found ambiguous.

Solar right now makes up about 14.54% of the electricity generated in Taiwan.

But I don’t wish to bicker. Thanks for the extra information.

Might I add funding legislation to eliminate the requirement of wearing swimming caps in Taiwan. :joy:

1 Like

Since taxes aren’t very high in Taiwan I wouldn’t mind if they used it to improve the environment.

2 Likes

The chart in the middle of the video clip states it’s only at 6% at most. Somebody is telling porkie pies.

LOL, Stockholm syndrome much? You know you’re free to donate as much as you want to “improve the environment”?

Solar makes up most of the green energy right now since only one or two off-shore wind farms have completed their first phase of construction. Solar can only generate when the sun is out, but there are days with bad weather, and dawn and dusk hours when the sun light is of little use. So in reality peak solar power generation only lasts on average about 4 hours a day. That is already getting us 6% of annual total electricity production, and that’s in spite of the fact that Taiwan’s solar potential is barely tapped as well.

Actions speak louder than cash.

4 Likes

What environment? The environment we all share on this one global planet?

Maybe build roads that don’t melt in the rain?

1 Like

The environment means everything surrounding us. Not only should more money be spent on it within Taiwan, but more brain power as well. It is an embarrassment to be as polite as possible.

it is literally the definition of common sense. protect the environment we live in. Homer Simpson even understands that his beer supply disappearing is a negative.

Start small, work up :slight_smile: one day we will get to Mars, then to far teaching galaxies. for now, cant we figure out our back yard?

2 Likes

plus:

Dont let fancy lies trick us again. We need defense, not sales rape and political…rape.

Again, best leave the nukes to Japan. Taiwan still parks trucks on train tracks.

6 Likes

I am not embarrassed.

Taiwan - clean the air, clean the water.

Right. Let’s clean all the water and air here in Taiwan. At least we will be able to live cleanly, even though the rest of the world are pigs.

Yeah. Sure. Buddy.
Merry Xmas

1 Like