Taiwan UP

Ok…so is that the motto for this year? Taiwan up? I kindof liked Taipei Sony-HD more.

it is a fucking national embarrassment billions of dollar wasted on Engrsih edjamakation and that is what is deemed as an acceptable English motto… how much money was wated on developing that? nice. :bravo:

“Taiwan, half-assed and loving it.”

“Taiwan UP”!?!?! Dumb, dumb, dumb. What’s it supposed to mean anyway? The stupidest thing was seeing President Ma Ying-Jeou chanting it over and over again with his supporters before the countdown. He’s a Harvard educated man? What an ass hat!

I read it a little differently and I saw it occur twice this afternoon in Nei-Hu. Taiwan U.P., Taiwan [color=#FF0000]You Pee[/color] in the street everywhere and anywhere you please without public shame!

Huh? I don’t know what you’re talking about. What’s Taiwan up? :idunno:

It was on the 101 last night, and is apparently the motto for this year.

The motto for what? UN application? Tourism?

the fireworks were still pretty! :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

it is a fucking national embarrassment billions of dollar wasted on Engrsih edjamakation and that is what is deemed as an acceptable English motto… how much money was wated on developing that? nice. :bravo:

“Taiwan, half-assed and loving it.”[/quote]

You guys don’t get it…its a trilogy ‘Taiwan UP’ this year, and then the next it will be "Taiwan Upper’ and then ‘Taiwan UP set’

orrrrrr it’s an ad for UP. The movie…or, our time is UP…or the phallic symbol that is the 101 is UP.

I’d have gone with TAIWAN LOL myself.

Taiwan - convenient

Really? Not Taiwan WTF? Hey, can that be Forumosa’s slogan?

“Taiwan is very convenience” would be much better.

None of that claptrap about it being too long… its the worlds tallest building so it will fit.

:thumbsup: Taiwan ‘Love OR Leave’ LOL

EDIT LOL (Love OR Leave)Taiwan

I think it’s simply a slogan for Taiwan’s economic recovery after the downturn. The gov thankfully is very devoted to development and improvement of infrastructure etc. There’s a lot of confidence in Taiwan’s recent biz connections with PRC. And hopefully unemployment will go down and the standards of living, well " UP " lol

I thought it was indicating the direction you need to go to reach the sign.

UP is usually better then Down.

I like Taiwan UP. Am I the only one? When I saw it, I thought it was pretty cool.

Someone was very HIGH when they thought that one up.

Thats better than a lot of third world countries out there by the way where the government is more interested in asserting their power or making money and don’t really care about the people or the infrastructure of the country.