Taiwan vaccine mandates for students?

Will there be vaccine mandates for international students? Please lets not get into a discussion about the vaccine itself but lets talk about Taiwanese school policies and what direction things are heading with that. China’s Education Ministry Bans Vaccination Mandate for Students - Caixin Global Interestingly enough mainland china’s MOE just banned mandates on vaccines for students. Anybody knows whats happening with fall semester in Taiwan?

Don’t know. Hopefully!

hopefully Taiwan limits more freedoms than mainland china? lol?

4 Likes

Taiwan already has vaccine mandates for International students.

This isn’t new.

4 Likes

Then go study in China. I’ve only had one shot. I don’t want to teach a bunch of selfish, anti-vaxxers who might give me the rona.

Get another job? I’m sure some wouldn’t want teachers like you.

Then it works out perfectly!

Interesting! This is the first I have heard of this. Do you have a link?

Guy

Are you new here? Taiwan’s health authorities follow lots of other models, but the PRC is not one of them.

Guy

It’s in the health check. You won’t get your ARC if you fail the health check.

2 Likes

If you have a link, I would love to see it.

Guy

So you will get a new job if they don’t have a mandate?

Nope, but I’d be more than happy to have entitled, self-important anti-vax sheep transfer to another class. But I’m not sure any of the other teachers would be willing to take them either.

At the college level, hold your horses. It’ll be quite a while before all those college-aged students will be vaccinated.

Guy

That link does not mention COVID vaccines.

Am I missing something here?

Guy

1 Like

I didn’t say Covid vaccines. I only pointed out that vaccine mandates for students are nothing new.

1 Like

That link says nothing about required covid vaccines. And even the one they require isn’t required because they say an antibodies test is fine.

:rofl:

Guy

I didn’t say Covid vaccines.