Taiwan Warns That China Could Mount Successful Invasion by 2020

He’s a troll Shiadoa, I very much doubt he is even black. Strange what people get their kicks from…

You know, I had a lot of sympathy for you in the beginning because I think there is a lot of explicit and implicit discrimination toward black people in Greater China. But this post is basically an admission that you hate Taiwan and “yellow people” because you aren’t having luck with women. “I’m going to hate an entire race because their women don’t dig me” is a really, really lame excuse for perpetuating racism. Even if you are a legitimate victim of racial discrimination (I believe you if you say you are), you can choose to try and change how black people are perceived in Asia or how Asians are perceived among blacks and make things better rather than just dragging everyone down together.

I believe that he is a Chinese-communist-disguised troll. The black vs white racial card played well for Viet Cong during the Vietnam War. This guy was trying to create the same game in this thread. It arouses my suspicion why this guy never posted any response in ‘Taiwan Politics’ until Chinese Commie generals being mocked in this thread. Interesting! :wink:

Yup, I think this a one agenda Poster. Pointless to try reasoning.hK is right.

1 Like

Taiwan is like a drunk woman passed out on the couch. Who got the woman drunk? Probably the KMT who kept pouring the drinks? The rapist(a.k.a. People’s Republic of China) has already put on a condom and ready to do business. The unfortunate thing is that the drunk can’t see what’s about to happen. (or simply don’t care anymore)

The PLA just has to be able to land two or three brigades of troops on Taiwan’s shores and it will be game over.

It’s not in Taiwanese people’s nature to resist an invasion force(foreign, domestic, or otherwise), based on the events of the last 110+ years.

Taiwan is like a drunk woman passed out on the couch. Who got the woman drunk? Probably the KMT who kept pouring the drinks? The rapist(a.k.a. People’s Republic of China) has already put on a condom and ready to do business. The unfortunate thing is that the drunk can’t see what’s about to happen. (or simply don’t care anymore)[/quote]

That’s a rather crass analogy, and I don’t know how accurate it is.

Maybe, but things change. The character of the Taiwanese people today is very different from in the past.

That being said, I expect most of Taiwan’s soldiers would set down their rifles the moment the first PLA boot landed.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]
That being said, I expect most of Taiwan’s soldiers would set down their rifles the moment the first PLA boot landed.[/quote]

or worse, drive a “FOLLOW ME” truck and lead a convoy of PLA troops directly to the doorsteps of the presidential office building in downtown Taipei? (while US Marines land in the AIT new compound to evacuate US citizens?)

[quote=“FurTrader”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]
That being said, I expect most of Taiwan’s soldiers would set down their rifles the moment the first PLA boot landed.[/quote]

or worse, drive a “FOLLOW ME” truck and lead a convoy of PLA troops directly to the doorsteps of the presidential office building in downtown Taipei? (while US marines land in the AIT new compound to evacuate US citizens?)[/quote]

if the US, Japan and South Korea are upset about the new Chinese ADIZ, imagine how far the new ADIZ will be once China occupies Taiwan? the new ADIZ will probably extend all the way to within miles of Tokyo Bay and Guam. :slight_smile:

Actually the Koreas were once a tributary to China, so based on the “5,000 years” principle, China can send in the troops to liberate them, too. I’m sure some bastardization of logic can make Japan belong to China, too.

by that logic, China has claim parts of Austria! :slight_smile: :frowning:

If the CCP falls on the Mainland, what priority would reunification have in Mainland policy?

I can tell you a significant number of Americans were outraged in 1978 when Jimmy Carter (following the lead of Kissinger and Nixon) announced formal recognition of the PRC, prompting passage of the Taiwan Relations Act.

[quote=“BeachBoy”]If the CCP falls on the Mainland, what priority would reunification have in Mainland policy?

I can tell you a significant number of Americans were outraged in 1978 when Jimmy Carter (following the lead of Kissinger and Nixon) announced formal recognition of the PRC, prompting passage of the Taiwan Relations Act.[/quote]

sure… if Jimmy Carter didn’t go through with it back in 1978, who’s going to be assembling iPhones and iPads for us today? :lick: (not to mention 68.7% of the items sold at Walmart stores)

People back then could never have guessed things would turn out this way. They expected China to take after the USSR and North Korea, struggling to feed its citizens.

As for a mainland collapse… Good luck with that. The CCP is here to stay.

But IF it one day collapsed, I would totally support the relocation of the ROC government and the KMT to Nanjing, along with a vote for whether Taiwan wants to be independent from the newly revived Republic of China.

Yeah we could give them some boats and planes and tell them to go to ‘take the mainland’, you can take your museum full of Chinese tourists too! :slight_smile:

I have a pet theory on this subject.

I don’t think China wants to invade Taiwan because of the National Palace Museum. I think it is vulnerable to any attack and is valued more by the mainland than by the Taiwanese. If the Chinese were to attack Taiwan then the museum would be put at risk. I believe it is all the Chinese really want from Taiwan. I don’t think the mainland would risk it. It is priceless. It is their history. If there were an invasion of Taiwan it would be difficult if not impossible to prevent it from being looted. It is a pet theory, but it cannot be escaped. It is not like China hasn’t got it all. It hardly needs another 23 million people. It gets them and more every year. Taiwan doesn’t have any value for China. It’s greatest value is as a unifying nationalist mechanism. The greatest irony of all would be to attack it on nationalist grounds only to lose their heritage.

I’ve heard this theory before. But I would point out that the authorities in China literally allow people to urinate and defecate on their history. And they’re more than happy to tear down history if it means installing a new high rise.

People back then could never have guessed things would turn out this way. They expected China to take after the USSR and North Korea, struggling to feed its citizens.

As for a mainland collapse… Good luck with that. The CCP is here to stay.

But IF it one day collapsed, I would totally support the relocation of the ROC government and the KMT to Nanjing, along with a vote for whether Taiwan wants to be independent from the newly revived Republic of China.[/quote]

LOL. Hasn’t the government of Taiwan long dispensed with the fiction it is a government in exile? Anyway…
Marxist-Leninist dictatorships seem to have a shelf life of 70 years or so…Come to think of it, the KMT lasted about that long before its DPP defeat…so I hope the CCP does fall. I don’t think they can hire enough Internet cops to stop it.

You may have heard it from me. I have posted it here every time this perennial argument arises. It is easy to make the above flippant style arguments; however, think of the terracotta warriors that’s what you have in Taiwan and then some. I doubt Chinese are urinating and defecating on them. The Chinese are immovable on acknowledge history. IMMOVABLE.

You may have heard it from me. I have posted it here every time this perennial argument arises. It is easy to make the above flippant style arguments; however, think of the terracotta warriors that’s what you have in Taiwan and then some. I doubt Chinese are urinating and defecating on them. The Chinese are immovable on acknowledge history. IMMOVABLE.[/quote]

the Chinese government does turn a blind eye when destruction of historical objects suits their political agendas…

It’s very unlikely that a “normal” Chinese government will decide to invade Taiwan. (unless Taiwan declares de jure independence or something like that)

However, it is not beyond the realm of imagination that a Chinese leader whose political power is threatened may choose to invade Taiwan.

[quote=“BeachBoy”]LOL. Hasn’t the government of Taiwan long dispensed with the fiction it is a government in exile? Anyway…
Marxist-Leninist dictatorships seem to have a shelf life of 70 years or so…Come to think of it, the KMT lasted about that long before its DPP defeat…so I hope the CCP does fall. I don’t think they can hire enough Internet cops to stop it.[/quote]

The KMT has never called the ROC a government in exile. Their stance is and has always been that Taiwan belongs to China and the ROC is the only legitimate government of China; the communists are basically an army of rebels (and independence supporters are secessionists.)

Even after being unseated for 8 years during the Chen era, the party has not managed to get in touch with reality. It can partially be blamed on Chen Shui-Bian’s less-than-stellar stewardship, but it’s really all about voters who aren’t willing to critically think about the issues before heading to the polls.

“Taiwan is not China!” say the multitudes of voters who choose the Kuomintang of China to run the Republic of China.