Taiwanese Citizenship and Renunciation

nevermind, I just checked with HHR and they told me the local police criminal record is not necessary :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, so I just need to get that same No Objection Letter, my APRC, Passport and Chinese studies certificate and should be good to go!

1 Like

What kind of Chinese studies are accepted?

your post reminded me that if you got APRC by 5yr stay and financial ability, you don’t need to provide finance documents, iirc.

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct and that is the way I got my APRC.

1 Like

Need to ask at the HHR office, but I have a year of Chinese classes in Shida plus a few more years during my university studies.

1. You need proof of at least 1 year of attendance at a Public or Private school in Taiwan
  2. You need to show at least 200 hours of Chinese Language classes in a govt. approved Language institution (e.g Shida)

More info available here in Chinese.

3 Likes

Does attending a university here count as well?

The rules states “曾就讀國內公私立各級各類學校1年以上之證明” “學校” basically means school so I guess attending a University will not count but I may be wrong though. Best ask HHR. Logically thinking, some University courses are offered fully in English so I’m pretty sure attending those will definitely NOT count.

ok, yeah just curious, would make sense if it doesn’t count.

Fyi

This law including univ.

各級學校申請外國教師聘僱許可及管理辦法

1 Like

You already have a year of classes at Shida so you’re already qualified…just go to Shida and get your record of study printed at the machine for 50 bucks. I used that printout when I applied.!

2 Likes

I found this one at home last night but the date of issues is not recent to say the least. I will try to call today to see what the checklist of documents is.

1 Like

If you took mandarin courses in University then it will count. I went to HHR yesterday and they accepted my course completion certificate showing how many hours you’ve taken. They will photocopy it and return you the original copy. .

Can you share your document check list if its not too much trouble? I wanna plan my day for Friday to get whatever I am missing.

I need to go to NIA to get the Enter/Exit record, right?

Wait, they said they will give this one in English which seems weird. In what language did you get it? Guess no matter what, this needs to be translated.

I think you better call your nearest HHR to ask for the checklist as my case might be a bit different from your. I’m applying based on APRC route (5 years no gap) married to local spouse and they asked me for the following:

1. 1 x 2inch photo
  2. Stamp (It doesn’t have to be fancy, it must show your Chinese name)
  3. ARPC/ARC
  4. Chinese Studies (Certificate of Completion or Certificate of Hours Completed)
  5. Passport
  6. Bill of exchange (匯票 Huìpiào) NTD1200, Beneficiary: 內政部 (MOI, just write the Chinese name) → Purchase at the post office

Btw, the lady at HHR just texted me the above, she didn’t provide me any official checklist.

1 Like

You don’t need that, they can look it up in their system.

1 Like

I have both APRC (5 year no gap and work) and I am also married to a local for 7+ years. so might be exactly the same.

Awesome! thanks!!

I haven’t applied for it yet as I need to wait 2 months before confirmation , but I guess should be available both in English and Chinese right?