Taiwanese food sucks!

The food in Taiwan are loaded with artificial ingredients. They taste good and they are super cheap. But in the end, you end up with kidney and liver problems, and the free healthcare here takes care of your organ problem. It’s all good.

1 Like

That’s fine. And I’d tell you it’s breasts all the way in my kitchen and if you don’t like it you can cook your own food (or open Uber Eats). :grin:

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@user86 can UberEats his chicken feet if he ever comes here for dinner, and I promise not to eat any

1 Like

No, but certainly the majority of the human food trends is wrong. Animal feeds too frankly. We now turn places into deserts, spray toxic chemicals on our food, decimate populations of wild food, erode our soils, compact our soils, cause massive pest and disease outbreaks and in the end still throw nearly half of it in the trash. Humans number 1! :innocent:

The human race is doing it wrong. objectively :slight_smile: But sure, its “yummier”.

But ya, if going in a group, and only one complains, the food is probably perfectly yummy ~for the local market~ should have added that. That was a comment on subjective tastes not objective quality :slight_smile: Even just taste has tanked over the century due to wanting yield and shelf.life over flavor. Any fruit producer will say the same.

you are conflating factory farming with cuisine development/elevation.

I’m also against bad farming techniques, but that’s not exclusive to the rest of the world. in fact it’s hard and expensive to get organic, small farm raised items here. if you have a half decent palate you can tell the high quality produce in your food, thats a big part of why i find the food here not to my liking.

in japan wild caught fish is clearly labeled for example. in toronto i have a number of excellent butchers i trust

No, not farming per se. just quality. We can also say food that relies heavily on preservatives, various chemicals for flavor enhancement, color enhancement, loads of sugars etc are all reasons why I say our food has nose dived over the century. Broad spectrum, every aspect except shelf life has gone down.

so that was was the point. tastiness, gooder now. Quality, badder now :crazy_face: I’m pretty sure this is consistent across the board of developed nations now. However that’s assuming more prepared meals and.processed foods. with raw foods, especially plant based, many have gone down hill as well on the tasty front. Example, the mango here suck. but most people havent had a good mango, so it beats an apple.

As for high quality organic, just need to mail order. I posted above an example. but online now is easy and plentiful. sucks going out to eat as its largely processed or hormone/fertilizer pumped garbage. but cooking at home, no excuses here :slight_smile: Grade A available next day!

I agree though, when I lived in japan and canada, the professionalism and basic human care towards food was much higher generally. But also there was lots of mushy trash available everywhere :slight_smile:

Those Taiwanese meat balls, fish balls, shrimp balls, you really don’t know what’s in them.
Same as German meat balls, Italian sausage etc, nobody really knows what’s in these processed “meat”.

one of the main problems with food in taiwan, is that people have the misconception that flavor = unhealthy. completely incorrect! taiwan optimizes for cheapness, under that condition/conception, flavor comes from chemicals that emulate traditional/natural foods.

flavor from natural/traditional methods costs $, technique, and time. it’s healthy, much better tasting, and you feel good afterwards.

people are so confused and have so much incorrect hearsay in their heads. the food culture reflects it and the results are mindboggling

3 Likes

that’s the way we do in Italy.

4 Likes

So we do agree after all…

Though food in Taiwan certainly is [predictably] geared toward industrial level cheapness, actual taiwanese food (cuisine) still remains excellent. just need to spend time finding quality, like anywhere and anything else. The nice part about taiwans climate is we have truly a huge amount of variety of high quality food available here.

I enjoy natural foods personally, but there are loads that really do seem to insist on excess sugars, sodium etc in their meal. The south is well known for this. in this thread as well. And that is fine, that’s just preference I suppose. However, that doesnt mean Taiwanese food is all bad. The traditional pork workmanship ship is quite excellent, from a mouth feel/flavor perspective. I mean even vietnamese food made by vietnamese people are being blamed on taiwan :joy: The consistency of the hate here is as consistent as the food quality at a cheap franchise!

1 Like

Salt is a natural seasoning, just like basil and coriander, and also a flavor enhancer. Just don’t put so much in your food that you can’t taste any other seasoning.

1 Like

No I’d make them out of chicken legs… they’re much better.

Except today I had this cured chicken leg meat… damn thing is so salty a small bite will raise your blood pressure through the roof. I couldn’t finish it.

Maybe in China you can make 三杯貓

Sure. but I say sodium, not salt. different forms, different uses. Even salt in excess isnt good. much like anything. natural doesnt equal healthy, ie. tobacco.

Quantity is really the key :slight_smile: many really enjoy an ultra strong flavor. its ideal to get it from fresh less harsh ingredients :slight_smile:

Disagree, as already noted above. I 100% prefer it, and almost all dishes, with breast meat. If you find chicken legs much better, that’s fine. I don’t.

Have you started cooking yourself then? That’s good to hear. Better than buying and eating the cheapest available heavily processed food all the time.

Salt is sodium chloride. Sodium chloride is salt.

Yes, that is indeed one type of sodium :slight_smile:

What other types of sodium do people put in their food besides salt?

Do you have a better explanation?

Monosodiumglutimate is very common

1 Like