Taiwanese food sucks!

On a somewhat related note
It’s not easy to find good non Cantonese style cooking in San Francisco

And the Panda chain Chinese restaurant you really have to be pretty hungry to enjoy

Panda Express, the bane of American malls and a bigger stain on the Chinese legacy than the “Great Leap Forward” :face_vomiting:

1 Like

It is a life saver, though, when you are fed up from hamburgers and sandwiches. I need vegetables.

Four takeaways from the Wikipedia article:

1. Someone needs to edit it. 麵not 面. C’mon.
  2. The ground beef version is called yumi. Koreans eat it that way too.
  3. Jajangmyun is a transliteration. If it were a Sino-Korean word, it’d be jakjangmyun.
  4. I’m freaking hungry.

Crumpling up a flag is super disrespectful. Koreans were infuriated on youtube, before they shut down the comments.

1 Like

面 is simplified Chinese.

3 Likes

Boy, that’s stupid.

Welcome to the suck.

2 Likes

After 8 years of futile resistance , I am eating more and more “local” foods . It can be ok , I must admit . If only bones were magnetic for easy removal :thinking:Turning Taiwanese, I think I’m turning Taiwanese… I think I’m turning . Cue Rocket song :yum:

3 Likes

The bone fragments are a major pet peeve for me. As if people here didn’t have enough dental issues already. I guess they figure they really need the extra calcium…

1 Like

Talking about extra calcium and stuff, last night I was watching a keto friednly doctor’s video, who was actually reccommending consuming chicken feet. :eek:

Of all the Taiwanese food I eat without hesitation, chicken feet is still one I am a bit -well, quite a bit- hesitant. But doctor’s orders: he says it is good for skin issues, ezcema and such, as well as rheumatism, arthitis.

Sorry, I don’t do claw. It reminds me too much of my pet birds, and it’s just gross. Pig knuckle is about as far as I’m willing to go in that direction.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s about the maximum skin per meat you can have. I don’t like skin.

1 Like

Chicken feet and duck feet are the best if prepared right (meaning HK / Cantonese style).

4 Likes

I’ll take your word for it. :grin:

Entertaining topic.
I would not say the food is super awesome but it is decent at the very least, never bothered me.
If you are an Aussie, I can understand why you complain about the size of the dishes, I was impressed during my stay in Australia.

Impressed by the size of Aussies?

Lol both, size of the people and size of the dishes. Some guys are huge there, but the kiwis even more!

Bolera :joy:

It’s sad to see the quality has been down for some “old” shops, because of skimping to lower cost. Some shops do the skimping cause their rent is high, some shops do the "cost-down simply younger owners are greedy.