Taiwanese food sucks!

Oh and I freaking love 鹽水雞 salt water chicken or whatever it’s called in English.

Absolutely classic comfort drinking food that I always have a few times a month

2 Likes

Fried

OK. Not exactly Taiwanese food, although I prefer the Taiwan version to anything I’ve had in China.

Yikes. I avoid that stuff like the plague.

How is stinky tofu not Taiwanese food? Of course it is

You need it with century egg, potato and cucumber. Fucking bliss

It’s a Chinese dish. All the soy is imported. I suppose you could argue the Taiwan version is distinct, although I’ve had nearly identical versions in China (they do taste skankier though).

Taiwanese stinky tofu is Taiwanese.

Like American pizza is American and Italian pizza is Italian.

I ate chiayi style turkey rice with bamboo shoots for lunch today with some chili sauce and quite enjoyed it. It is better and cheaper in the south.
肉伯火雞肉飯 信義店
02 8780 3388

3 Likes

I go to that one often, it’s pretty good

1 Like

I like that egg and tomato dish. I assume that’s Taiwanese.

Actually, I’ll knock one up now.

EDIT: It’s Chinese.

I have to admit it’s a humbling experience sitting at a table full of Taiwanese homeys oohing and ahhing over a dish of stinky tofu and wondering what the :tent: is wrong with me.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with you?

2 Likes

I was hoping some foreigner who actually likes stinky tofu could tell me.

I’ve never tried stinky tofu.

Well, to each their own and all. It’s crunchy and comes with pickled cabbage and hot sauce

3 Likes

I’ve had a few foreigners claim they actually like stinky tofu but they won’t look me in the eye when they say it.

I’ll look you right in the eye and say it. Which part of my last post didn’t you get?

4 Likes

Surprisingly, it’s one of the less offensive Taiwanese dishes. It tastes nothing like it smells. I only stopped eating it because it’s not very healthy.

2 Likes

But one of the stinkiest.

Debatable for a cuisine that smells mostly like boiled gym socks.