Taiwanese food sucks!

I think the problem is just spending too much time in Taipei.

I’d hate Taiwanese food too if I did that. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Yeah Milker. You is so egotistical you probably think this thread is about you.

2 Likes

It’s not the food, which is mostly blah! It’s the fake story behind the place that attracts people. Oh, and the famous line-ups.

We all need our pet peeves. :relaxed:

1 Like

At least this thread is a discussion. People can weigh in with more balanced opinions and that is fine. The rest of the web is: “Yay look at this little xiao long bao I am eating, [gestures to a mouth gaping open and full of food while talking to camera in an annoying high pitched voice], Taiwanese food is awesome”.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a single Taiwanese meal since I’ve been here (6 years) that I thought "wow, I need to come here again.’

The closest was a famous dumpling place near 101, which was decent. But not worth the long wait or its apparent fame.

3 Likes

I’ve had a lot of ‘that place is so famous’ comments until I tried it and thought, WHY?

1 Like

As I know I’m getting fat.

yes, mostly; standardization is explicitly part of the business model. having eaten McDonald’s more than i should, and in a lot of places, the standard fare like a big mac or a cheeseburger or nuggets which are mostly the same everywhere else i have been seem to be very different here, and in a bad way. i don’t seem to be alone in having this opinion, so when you come here for your scooter test make sure you try some mcds as well

and the other people with the same opinion. that would make it us.

did i mention that i used to work there?

in fairness, i think the unquestionably toxic quality of the local air has mostly dulled my tastebuds :wink:

1 Like

i didn’t understand irony until i joined forumosa

1 Like

I can’t comment on this debate around whether or not McDonald’s really tastes different in other countries because I hardly ever eat it, but KFC definitely tastes different in Taiwan than it does in the UK and it tastes better in TW. In the UK, the chicken is soggy, whereas in Taiwan it’s crispy, which I imagine is how it’s meant to be.

1 Like

Taiwan they use sweet potato starch in the coating.

In the UK lard to fry.

Do adults eat McDonald’s?

Yup, totally with you there! There’s a whole thread about it, linked below.

Whoah. NOT where I saw that going.

(Hey, people like what they like, so if you like it, cool.)

1 Like

I quite enjoy McMuffins & hash browns - I get breakfast there every month or two.

Taiwan food is good, loads of great stuff here and local dishes. I never get bored of it. I love food in general though.

4 Likes

Any favorite dishes?

My favourite food here is stinky tofu. And I’m being serious.

Honestly think stinky tofu is a great ingredient and there is potential to do a lot with it.

4 Likes

Which style?

Man children do.

1 Like