Taiwanese food sucks!

Thighs! The only way to go.

K bye.

Or you just heard it wrong. Some people like gristle.

1 Like

Nah, I prefer breast >98% of the time, especially if I’m doing the cooking.

3 Likes

I, too, am a boob man

4 Likes

That would have been a really good response if we were on r/taiwan. You realize there are other reasons people might be in Taiwan besides the shitty food, yeah?

Besides, you admitted to not even liking it all that much yourself, and you’re apparently still here. :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t like some dishes, I don’t dislike all of it.

We’re gradually getting there. Come over to the side of the righteous, Gain.

1 Like

You’ve been a pretty staunch advocate of Taiwanese food, but never really explained why you like it.

For me, I generally dislike it because I can’t really taste it. Most dishes are too bland. So, I’m curious to know what you like about it.

I’m also curious what items you dislike, and why.

3 Likes

Some posts about the positives of the cuisine would help.

I had a rabbit paella in Barcelona once and it was incredibly delicious. To the point that I still remember it 25 years later. Something similar about food in Taiwan would help.

I did have a dish up Ali mountain once that was described as mountain mouse. That was really good.

2 Likes

Well I eat at places foreigners don’t go so there’s that.

I don’t like noodles, ba wan, pig blood (any blood really), stinky tofu, soup with thickener, and all sorts of vegetables.

2 Likes

Have we stumbled upon a Groucho Marx conundrum here? Foreigners can’t get access to good Taiwanese food because it is evidently served at places where foreigners don’t go.

4 Likes

If you know the language you would know the good places to go eat.

Do we have to know Thai, Vietnamese, or Indonesian?

Your point being?

Just trying to figure out which country’s restaurants in Taiwan you were referring to.

Chinese obviously. If you know people or can read/watch recommendations, you would know where these places are. They normally don’t gaf about foreigners.

Lamb? You probably mean goat.

It’s a bit presumptuous of you to assume that we’re only going to foreigner-focused local restaurants. When I go to Taiwanese restaurants, it’s pretty much exclusively ones chosen by Taiwanese people (primarily because I have next to zero interest in going to them when I’m by myself, and I’m not the one doing the choosing).

Even just going by Google Maps ratings or whatever, those ratings are going to be mainly coming from Taiwanese people.

3 Likes

Or maybe they have good taste while you don’t.

Yes, perhaps the problem is that all of the people saying they don’t like Taiwanese food simply lack “good taste”.

Interesting theory, and I do enjoy a bit of victim blaming. Let me think about it.

3 Likes