Taiwanese guys and "I love you"

Not at all true.[/quote]

Amazing. Three bonus points for the key contribution.[/quote]

I am sorry, I should have been more expansive (your sarcasm noted).

You state that Taiwanese girls “are the same” meaning they never or very rarely say “I love you”. A handful of times during their whole lifetime, you say.
Well that’s very far from the truth, in my experience, from being married to a Taiwanese woman and from past relationships. Hence, in my experience, “not at all true”.[/quote]

The original poster noted that Taiwanese men say, ‘I love you,’ very early into the relationship, often straight after the first sexual experience. I said Taiwanese women are the same. This means that I believe Taiwanese women say ‘I love you,’ very early into a relationship, often straight after the first sexual experience. You have misunderstood my post.[/quote]

I was referring to the “you will only hear “I love you” a handful of times” part of what you said.

And it is also not my experience (and others here, at least so far) that Taiwanese women either say “I love” you very early into a relationship or never say it at all aftwerwards. You say it’s your “belief”. which is rather a giveaway, to be honest, since “belief” is something that is not based on actual experience.

And any statement such as “Taiwanese women are like this / do this …” is a total cultural/ racial generalisation and, as such, cannot be taken seriously. Unless you are going to back it up with serious empirical data, or at least a description of your past experiences with many, many Taiwanese women :slight_smile:

Not at all true.[/quote]

You state that Taiwanese girls “are the same” meaning they never or very rarely say “I love you”. A handful of times during their whole lifetime, you say.
Well that’s very far from the truth, in my experience, from being married to a Taiwanese woman and from past relationships. Hence, in my experience, “not at all true”.[/quote]

The original poster noted that Taiwanese men say, ‘I love you,’ very early into the relationship, often straight after the first sexual experience. I said Taiwanese women are the same. This means that I believe Taiwanese women say ‘I love you,’ very early into a relationship, often straight after the first sexual experience. You have misunderstood my post.[/quote]

I was referring to the “you will only hear “I love you” a handful of times” part of what you said.

And it is also not my experience (and others here, at least so far) that Taiwanese women either say “I love” you very early into a relationship or never say it at all afterwards. You say it’s your “belief”. which is rather a giveaway, to be honest, since “belief” is something that is not based on actual experience.

And any statement such as “Taiwanese women are like this / do this …” is a total cultural/ racial generalisation and, as such, cannot be taken seriously. Unless you are going to back it up with serious empirical data, or at least a description of your past experiences with many, many Taiwanese women :slight_smile:

Not at all true.[/quote]

And it is also not my experience (and others here, at least so far) that Taiwanese women either say “I love” you very early into a relationship or never say it at all aftwerwards. You say it’s your “belief”. which is rather a giveaway, to be honest, since “belief” is something that is not based on actual experience.

And any statement such as “Taiwanese women are like this / do this …” is a total cultural/ racial generalisation and, as such, cannot be taken seriously. Unless you are going to back it up with serious empirical data, or at least a description of your past experiences with many, many Taiwanese women :slight_smile:[/quote]

Your experience tells you one thing, my experience tells me another. Your experience is as valid as mine, I’m not sure there needs to be any further discussion. From my side, I’m happy for us all to end every post with N=1, but I suggest that such a tautology is redundant. I think that is probably all there is too it.

I must ask since you brought it up, do you think there exists serious empirical data about the frequency of ILY utterances (by nationality)? And, of course, when I said, ‘I believe’ it’s not a belief in the sense that I made something up. It is a belief based on an experience or series of experiences. “I believe it is going to rain,” doesn’t mean I’m just taking a shot in the dark.

Perhaps when someone’s post tells you (or infers to you that) their experience is that they haven’t heard ILY many times from Taiwanese girls you could take pity and show a little compassion rather than firing off a snotty remark like, “Not at all true.”

[quote=“Zla’od”]Back to the original topic, I told my Taiwanese sisters in law about this thread, and they agreed (with each other) that Taiwan girls take a long time to say “I love you” because of shyness / embarrassment. (The same reason I avoid wearing speedos!)

By total coincidence, my wife sang a love song to me yesterday![/quote]

I asked this question to my wife today and she said the same (except that she says that the “modern generation” are much less up-tight about saying “I love you”).

The love song sounds great - lucky you !

This guy does not sound like the male equivilent of a psycho xiaojie. He sounds clingy, and young. the girls do it here too… no surprise to anyone.
honestly, if i was that guy and i saw what you had put about him on here you would be out the door.