Okay. My mom would have BEAT ME if I acted like some people here do with telephones. So I am making a list of things that annoy the heck out of me with Taiwanese phone manners.
- Calling 10 times in a row if someone doesn’t answer.
If I don’t answer the first time don’t call back. Just
- Never EVER leaving messages.
leave a message. You don’t need to call someone 10 billion times in a row. Just leave a message and they will call you back.
- Calling early in the morning.
My mom always told me to never call before noon. But these people start calling at like 7 am.
- Calling late at night.
I am pretty lenient about this one. I don’t mind being called up until 11:30 or 12. But I have even had employers call me at 2 or 3 am. Arg.
- Just hanging up.
NO goodbye. No “later” just click. Actually, I am VERY used to this one.It used to bother me, but not anymore.
- Talking to other people while on the phone.
I don’t want to sit and wait and pay money to listen to you have a conversation with someone else. If it can’t wait, that is fine. Hang up and call me back afterwards.
- “Who is you” … if you are calling MY cellphone, you should know who you are calling. I always hang up after someone says “Who are you”
This rant is brought to you by the 11 missed calls I had when I got out of bed at 10 am. And the 2 dozen subsequent calls I have refused to answer.