Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

That’s the scary one. And that was just a prototype. Imagine what he could’ve done with the final version…probably enough to torch a whole MRT train.

1 Like

This is an interesting recent article which seems relevant. I don’t know but they specifically use the word untraceable as well, in the sense of untraceable to a manufacturer (and possibly a seller) by a serial number.

How this gun was found is another question. I guess if he gets a gun charge we’ll find out more relatively soon.

1 Like

Which one? Mom`s defense please note was before this this find. Check the links in Chinese. The find is in the last link in English.

On tv they are showing the loot. Quite impressive. I bet Mom did not buy that but rather gave a credit card to the kid and he used it for that.

Yep, I do not trust the media to get the details right either. Media here…well, channel 49 is already closing with their report with “now this problem can’t be solved with money”. Sigh.

Gas masks you can buy here freely. No one would raise an eyebrow.

Heck my first thought would be cosplay, not mass murder.

This one:

eta: obviously not to tempogain. Instead this is @Icon

Links in Chinese…somewhere up at the beginning. She was throwing all her weight to support him. Lemme look…

Question: they are talking about the money on the talk shows. Is it true US lawyers charge by the minute?

They also said best case scenario is 5 years being locked up sentence, of which he must serve 85%.

And yes they are also talking about the way children are raised.

yep, it’s a thing, DIY guns. They are not completely milled until later. A friend in California told me about this stuff recently, regarding AR15’s.
Considering the do-it-yourself gun culture in taiwan, this must be happening here as well.

Manufacturing technology is becoming very … democratized lately. You can get extremely capable equipment now for not very much money. So I suppose it’s not a surprising development.

Fortunately ammunition is not so easy to make with a 3D printer.

Unfortunately, our young would-be shooter was able to get his hands on mega-rounds, seemingly without too much difficulty.

Ok. Now I’m wondering what will happen to him. The Chinese kid that showed weird behavior and had a gun was kicked out of US, it said for 10yrs. And never made any comment about shooting up a school. Instead bought expensive car and dyed his hair.

So, what do you think will happen to this kid? A couple years in jail then deported?

I think we’ll know more when we see what charge (if any) is associated with the gun he allegedly assembled.

Yeah, but that’s the Land of the Free. Elsewhere, ammo isn’t quite so freely available. Not impossible of course, but slightly less easy to come by.

The Chinese student was technically kicked out for not attending classes. It was easier to get him on non related gun charges.

The talk shows are a riot tonight. One was skewering the home mother, blaming her. Coincidentally, she is a lawyer…And African American. They were asking why a lawyer would risk disbarrment to get rid of evidence.

How come she did not notice?

They say the neighborhood is a bad one. They question how the celebrity sent her kid to that house that was built in 1948. It looks unkempt. Did the people there tricked her? They ask.

Overseas compatriots call it a dangerous place, with frequent drug problems and frequent shootings. The cherry on top: the word shithole right on the screen to describe this place.

School tuition is like 150k.

Right now another program is accusing US authorities of racial discrimination. To make the jump from a gun enthusiast to terrorist is too much. They say.

Parents were innocent, they couldn’t know what the kid bought, they say. It is home mother’s fault. They can’t believe she did not know.

Problem is sending kids abroad. Sending an 18 year old abroad is cruel because life is so short and should have time with the family. Expert says.

Oh one said a while ago that if your English is not good, you shouldn’t go to the US.

SIGH!!!

They say the kid’s college admission - he was to start in August- was rescinded.

She must have noticed if it occurred to her to get rid of it.

To me, a more interesting question is how they found it if she got rid of it.

Landsowne PA. Looks decent enough on Google maps. House built in 1948 doesn’t mean much in the States. Did you see pictures of it anywhere?

Says here “Police say he broke no laws having the guns and ammunition, even though he is an exchange student.” That’s weird. Explains why there’s been no charge. If he’s only looking at the misdemeanor and there’s not more evidence he intended something I doubt he comes away from this with jail time personally. The police say “No doubt in our mind he was planning something,” but I’m not sure that’s going to put away a kid with no priors and a good lawyer.

Yeah and it will all be from people talking to each other in Taiwan instead of reporters going to the US. Trash talk.

I was all quoting them. Philly is my favorite US city and I know they take good care of their centennial homes, and a 1948 should be fine. The talk shows are allegedly quoting Overseas comp. Whoever used the shithole word probably has some poo in their brains…along with deep racism which dripped from every statement where they showed the picture of the home mother.

Seems clear to me that since the misunderstanding joke angle won’t fly, now atoga, specifically the home mother, are being blamed.

As you say, she did notice as she hid the stuff. My question is that, as a minority, most are quite sensitive to this kind of delicate issues like gun ownership. Why did she allow the shopping spree in the first place?

Home mom gave the stuff to someone else to keep.

2 Likes

She probably liked the kid and wanted to help him, big mistake.

It’s understandable that as a lawyer, her first instinct would be to refuse the search. But helping the kid hide the evidence? That’s just plain stupid any way you look at it. This is a mistake she may pay for with her license to practice law.

2 Likes