Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

Problem is the lack of maturity to joke with something like that in the current environment in the US. For Pete’s sake, they just had hundreds of thousands of kids marching down main cities, including Washington DC, because of those issues. And he jokes about it?!

There are armed guys in every main station and I am sure his school has drills for active shooters on campus. How can he pretend not to know what kind of environment he was in? It is April, even as a newcomer the school year started in September. He is no FOB.

If he was oblivious to the news and never saw anything beyond his home and classroom, his education is not worth the thousands of dollars his mom pays for it. If they deem him as successful and ok because he gets good grades only, and do not look at the fact that he does not fit in, has no friends, does not know what is going on around him…It is all worthless.

Yes, in Taiwan, man/kids can play with fake military paraphernalia. Fake. That is the point. He had live ammo. He had the real deal.

2 Likes

Assuming “the real deal” is a gun, how do you know that?

The real deal are the real bullets. You cannot get real bullets legally in Taiwan. We already had a thing when someone put a real bullet in a gun not meant to fire those, remember?

I mean they are not salt rounds to kill ghosts.

The garrote was real, as well as the bow. I guess there must be some loophole in Taiwan for the bow but don’t quote me on that.

Oh I see. I misunderstood.

That said when I were a lad we made our own hangman’s nooses, we made our own bows and arrows until we could afford the real thing, our own slingshots, and even some girls used their mother’s hairspray to make a homemade flamethrower. I, too, tore apart Black Cat firecrackers to make a bigger bang. These are all normal actions by healthy, curious kids in my book.

So far the whole thing has been sensationalized, in my opinion. Not saying people are factually incorrect, I’m saying they’re lucky if they’re right because as things stand nobody knows enough.

What Icon said. I think the distinction between youthful dumbfuckery and serious weirdness is fairly easy to spot. It might all be a big mistake, but if it was, they’ll find out soon enough, he’ll get a slap on the wrist, and no harm done; if it wasn’t, it’s lucky he was stopped.

I used to make explosives when I was at school - not because I wanted to blow shit up but because it was an intellectual challenge. Nearly lost my eyesight because I forgot that reactions with conc. nitric acid tend to be exothermic. Useful life lesson there.

I might have been a socially-inept dweeb, but never in a million years would I have threatened to kill anybody, blow up the school, or commit any actual act of violence “for a joke”. I wouldn’t have posed on Facebook (if there had been such a thing) in a … whatever the hell he’s wearing in that press photo.

This guy sounds as if he’s dangerously close to the line even if he hasn’t crossed it … yet. I think @Aikaili is right - the fact that someone is paying attention now might stop him straying into nutcase territory.

2 Likes

I saw the shots of him with his gas mask and flame thrower.
Poor little lost fellow lol.

I don’t believe he was joking. He was obviously fantasizing about it.

2 Likes

Something I don’t like…Random shits thrown together and then hit em with it…

'Bama

Yes your dad and you are authorities on guns because you had guns.

This guy could be an authority on guns too he had lots of em.

He’s not a poor kid he could well be a psychopath.
He made his own flamethrowers and wanted to buy ak47s and !AR15 so soon after public school massacres. Then warns his mate not.to go to school on a given day.

1 Like

I’m thinking the parents might want to look into a mirror to see what went wrong with their son. Read the Chinese wiki on his father. Think the parents had a bit of helping hand in how this situation came about.
Looks like they followed the book on parenting by smartphone.

How do you know he wanted to buy these?

Said on TV must be true

I think he is a normal kid.
The psychopaths are working for the NRA, who want to make sure that crazy Taiwanese Motherfuckers can buy those guns.
He could never have pulled this off in Taiwan. He probably wanted to show off back here on his next visit. That’s how kids think. Nothing special.

Then I need to read more about this story. I have only seen that he searched online how to buy an AK47 and AR15. This is news to me, that he actually wanted to buy one.

Sounds like this story might be developing (in Chinese only sources) faster than my ability to keep up.

1 Like

Searched online along with all the other stuff shows intent to me. He was on the way to something a lot worse. Lucky they nipped it in the bud.

1 Like

Which is no crime in the US!
Remember second amendment?

Its not a crime but put 2 and 2 together.
Anyway, it’s interesting to see if he could have acquired legally or not such weapons.
The flamethrower alone would do a lot of damage.

All his celebrity family media Friends were on TV talking about how polite he was blah blah. Its all a big mistake , he’s naive , white society is very serious about terrorism, whites can be racist blah blah (never mind most of the kids were probably black in that school.dumb fucks).
Hate Taiwanese celebs even more than most !

Yep. Less than 18 year old can’t buy cigarrettes, beer and dunno about condoms. But yeah he can purchase an AR 15 in the good ol USA.

Because you need to defend yourself from terrorists, so gotta keep those AR 15 out of the hands of terrorists. Give them to the good guys.

Or so says Uncle Bob.

2 Likes

Far as I know, the kid (An Tso Sun) isn’t a US citizen so 2nd Amendment would not apply.

I don’t think it’s valid to conclude that an online search, even with the other evidence, shows conclusively that he intended to buy. There is a thing called curiosity, after all, and it runs rampant among teenagers.

1 Like