Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

Make a threat to shoot up a school…Have a bunch of weapons and ballistic vest. Like to build own flamethrowers (proper ones not a little toy).

Yeah I think he was thinking about what he could do with an AK47.

Yep. They say this is a misunderstanding. I do not think they realize the level of deep shit the kid is in now. Like septic tank deep.

Thing is thousands of parents, not just celebs, send their kids abroad for remote education, as they do not have time to care for them. Their careers are absorbing all of their efforts. Then hundreds of thousands more do it locally. Nowadays it is rare not to have parents asleep at the wheel.

As a kicker, we have the additional reporting on celeb kids gone wild, of coursr, due to foreign influence acquired when they left Taiwan. Giggles when CKS` grandson himself is shown - remember he threatened the American school?

He’s not a kid I was in in the second year of university at 18. He’s able to build flamethrowers and use em too.

Investigate the hell out of him, bang him up if he made a threat.

Agree biggest problem is ease of access to powerful weapons. I knew a couple of kids like him in school , total psychos but they just fantasied about guns and brought switchblades and Bowie knives to school instead.

1 Like

I thought, “the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Are only US citizens people?

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure that civil rights delineated in the US Constitution’s Bill of Rights only apply to US citizens. Far as the Constitution is concerned, the People are US citizens.

What she means is that a real gun is not a toy. It is not to show off. It serves a purpose. In her case, hunters killed prey.

In our household, guns were part of the job as law enforcement. My step dad taught me never to point a gun at someone unless I was going to shoot, and never shoot unless I was going to kill, as the other person would not give me a second chance. That is the environment we lived in. Guns were not a joke.

3 Likes

I know what she means I’m being a bit facetjous.
I think it’s hilarious when Americans (plural) like to lecture others about guns and management of guns as if we didn’t have any in our countries .
I wouldn’t tell people the proper way to drive a car from my dad driving the car and me driving the car.

And owning a tank is not the same as owning a car.
But I digress.

Wrong.

From ATF website:

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?

Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law. However, if State law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

That’s a recent change perhaps or easily avoided by loopholes ?

This article says 18 year olds can buy them , it varies according to the states.

In Pennsylvania it seems to be easy. In NJ not so.
Also private sales seem to be easier.

Read the aft statement in BOLD below. Federal overrides state.

Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law.

But I agree, private sales could circumvent this, of course.

Worse: this 18 year old did not act mature enough as to realize that such a threat would not be taken lightly. How do we expect then to have trigger discipline, use and maintain and store his weapon safely?

What does that mean? The article says 18 years old can buy assault rifles in Penn.

Don’t worry. Apparently mom helped him purchase stuff online, no need for age limit.

1 Like

I don’t care what it means. It’s an article.
I read the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. It’s like the FBI, but for those 4 categories If you want to believe an article, sure. I’ll take ATF’s statement over the article.

I don’t know man it looks like you are wrong.
The article goes into a lot of detail and it’s easy to dig up more.
You could be graceful about it :).

Maybe we can take it up with the ATF. Try it. maybe have someone we know underage buy it. The law is staring at us on the website, regardless of what the newspaper article says.

The article is correct and so is Auntie Peng.

Come on now.

But then again, considering California is no longer adhering to federal law (sanctuary BS, etc.), then states are starting to do whatever they want. Maybe go back to states rights, the way it should be.

I myself am more a states rights person than a federal guy.

A semi-automatic rifle is a rifle, for which the Federal age limit is 18.

Firearms Publications
Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?
Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older.

I’m not sure if that’s what’s happening here, but it could well be.