Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

I’ve met ABT kids here whose Taiwanese parents sent them back to Taiwan to straighten them out.

Funny how that works.

2 Likes

Yes, but did it work out?

1 Like

This ATF webpage quotes the Gun Control Act’s definition of “rifle” and provides illustrations of various rifles:

In case anyone wants to see the laws and regulations related to the definition of “rifle” on the ATF page linked above, that page links in turn to the statute itself and to the accompanying regulations, which seem to contain the same definition as that of the ATF page linked above. Below I’ve posted pertinent parts of the pages that the ATF page links to (although the find function might come in handy on the pages linked below):

This is a link to a page containing the definition of “rifle” in the pertinent statute.

This is a link to a page containing the definition of “rifle” in the pertinent regulation.

1 Like

At least he didn’t plan to do it here. He couldn’t have anyway because where could he get the gun?

Pathetic little piece of spoiled shit btw. I hope he gets a few years. That’s how you get him straightened out. Not at an American High School (seriously? The land of juvenile delinquency? That’s like the dumbest idea ever), but in jail.

3 Likes

it definitely goes both ways, taiwanese-americans thinking sending their kids to their motherland will clear up their minds and teach them some kind of discipline and vice versa sending their kids to the us for better education or whatever. but in the end, a problem child is a problem child no matter where. and an 18 year old should know better

1 Like

He apparently has skills in building flamethrowers. Just take a couple of those to school in Taiwan. Plus I would assume he is smart enough to know where to find guns from the local mafia or modified paintball/other hobby guns. Failing that, he could always try to print guns with 3-d printers.

That already sounds much more of a hassle than what he needed to go through in the United States of Mass Shootings.

1 Like

Already people recommending not to make this go away easily.

https://udn.com/news/story/11958/3059066?line=y

I honestly think we need to start making hard examples of these types of offenders to deter kids from doing stupid things like this.

Some kids are too far gone already and are a clear danger to society. Other kids are on the edge and can easily be pulled one way or the other. If this kid…no wait…ADULT (He is 18! Stop calling him a kid) walks away with a slap on the wrist, it sends the wrong message to those who could so easily do the wrong thing.

We also need to send a clear message to those kids who are just trying to live life as a kid and go to school safely, that we have their backs and will not tolerate this nonsense. We will keep our children safe.

And for those saying to give this kid a break, that he was just being a boy doing boy things. Oh hell no. Going out to field and shooting cans with a b.b. gun is innocent fun, dressing up as a cop for Halloween is fun, wearing a SWAT t-shirt is cool. But collecting the things he collected, making friggen flamethrowers…FLAMETHROWERS!!! and then making threatening sick in the head statements about killing is NOT ok and will NOT be tolerated.

You want to be a boy doing boy things…go out and learn a sport.

1 Like

He needs treatment for mental health issues. I’ve raised two kids and none of them did stuff like this. Remember how crazy Jeffrey Dahmer was. His folks would find dismembered roadkill in the garage and never thought this was a problem. Many people would be alive if his parents took action. Even if the Taiwanese kid was just joking, it shows he is not well. And if his family thinks what he did was OK, we know why he is not well.
I’m hope he’ll be deported soon.

2 Likes

Just one more thing: the reason the school is so sensitive about this is that a few years ago they also had a sort of similar incident, in which a group of their students were caught with drugs and guns, a very bad combination.

http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20160420/NEWS/160429978

Without a gun how much damage could be done to by a little Taiwanese boy?

I doubt he did , sounds like he was showing off to shock people but still he needs to do some time and psychiatric treatment.

this isn’t an overreaction. the guy had everything(including bullets) to carry something out other than the gun, and who knows how long it would have taken for him to get that. the parents are fuckwits.

5 Likes

Indeed. There’s constant talk about spotting warning signs with potential shooters. I can’t see much clearer signs than possessing bullets, searching about how to buy a gun, and threatening to do it.

5 Likes

what if he wasn’t Taiwanese and was:

1. black = shot dead
  2. white = shot and if captured ( probably mentally ill)
  3. south american = shot dead ( drug related)
  4. muslim = send to guantanamo ( act of terror and moreover, that person never existed :wink:)

Now regarding the ‘‘JOKE’’ excuse ---- some people get thrown out of a plane for speaking arabic, other for wearing non appropriate tshirt, one guy for using the word bomb ( a french guy i think) — ( i mean it happened and probably will happen again BUT OF COURSE it is not a general rule)
Many americans live in fear of attacks whether from outsider or insider and i totally understand that - same with many other countries in europe, middle east etc…
If this young man can’t understand that, well, a small holiday in jail will certainly help him understand it.
If you want to be a big man, therefor act and live like a big man and accept the consequences.
if you want to be a real G , same things than above.
But if you just pretend being someone else, you will finish dead by playing with the real ones.
I dont wish nothing bad to this immature adult, however, there is only one way to learn the lesson at this point, and it is the hard way -the stick- some people need ‘‘the stick’’ to get back to the right way.
He def need it.
Just my 2 cents

5 Likes

Seems our Taiwan News friends saved me the trouble of translating the lawyer’s article. Have a look:

We call him kid because we understand that he is young, inexperienced, sheltered. Taiwanese youngsters get isolated from, the world and parents think that is correct. That they are saving them from trouble. But they grow into adults that parade in Nazi regalia and find it funny. Moerover, parents think that someone who kills cvats cruelly but gets a PhD is OK. Then they kill their girlfriend/acquaintance after stalking them, terorizing them, and parents dunno what happened. We had 3 of those this week alone. Empathy, resilience, emotional management are more important things to learn than just high scores.

5 Likes

I’m not sure. As to that particular person in that particular place, that’s kind of difficult for me to determine. For all I know, it might even be impossible for me to determine at this time. But if it can be determined, it probably would take more time than I’m willing to spend right now.

On the one hand, a law professor and a lawyer (David B. Kopel and Joseph G.S. Greenlee) have written that

(Boldface above added by me.)

“The Federal Circuits’ Second Amendment Doctrines”

http://www.cobar.org/portals/cobar/repository/sections/civilrights/2ndAmendmentDoctrine.pdf

On the other hand, here is what a young fellow named Adam Pitchell, apparently a third-year student at the University of Cincinnati College of Law, has to say (among other things) about the issue in an article in the University of Cincinnati Law Review:

(Boldface above added by me, citations omitted.)

Pennsylvania is in the Third Circuit. I’ve taken a look around on the Internet, and so far I haven’t found a Third Circuit case on point. I’m not saying that there is no such Third Circuit case. I’m only saying that I couldn’t find one after Googling around awhile.

Now, I gotta go; y’all are fixin’ to make me late for work at my cram school job :slight_smile: (not that I can’t do that all by myself).

1 Like

Which state did you say you’re from?

What are you implying?