Taiwanese Susan Boyle?

Here’s a story making the buzz waves…

24 year old Taiwanese guy sings Whitney Houston’s “I will always love you”.

Amazing voice, dontcha think? I just saw this on MSNBC’s Countdown…

That Whitney Houston song usually sends me into a fit of cringing, but yeah, gotta admire this young fella for belting it out and sounding remarkably close. He’ll be the talk of the town for a few weeks now. As far as comparisons to Susan Boyle, well, a little early for that.

Taiwanese castratus?

I think he sings better than Susan Boyle. :thumbsup:

We were watching that, pretty amazing! No accent I could pick up on either.

I thought there was a tinge of a local accent on certain words. The kid did amazingly well though.

Hey! That’s MY KTV song! :bluemad: If we were in the Philippines, I’d kick his ass. I might just do it anyway.

I notice that whenever I go to KTV, and people beg me to sing a song, they leave me alone after I sing this one. :ponder:

The trick to singing it well is to stretch out the words “I” and “You.”

AN DIIIIIIIIIIYEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (Like a French police siren)

WULALWAYZLUV YUUUUUUUUOOUUUUUOOUUUUUUUUUUOOUUUUUUUUU (Taiwanese ambulance)

Reviews from Saturday night’s KTV session are in, and everybody’s talkin’ 'bout the newest singing sensation, zender!

Maoman says, "I think he sings better than Susan Boyle. :thumbsup: "

Tempo Gain gushes, “Pretty amazing!”

Craig TPE said, “Amazing voice, dontcha think?”

k.k. said, “The kid did amazingly well”

[quote=“zender”]The trick to singing it well is to stretch out the words “I” and “You.”

AN DIIIIIIIIIIYEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (Like a French police siren)

WULALWAYZLUV YUUUUUUUUOOUUUUUOOUUUUUUUUUUOOUUUUUUUUU (Taiwanese ambulance)

Reviews from Saturday nights KTV sess are in, and everybody’s talkin’ 'bout the newest singing sensation, zender!

Maoman says, "I think he sings better than Susan Boyle. :thumbsup: "[/quote]
I definitely want to go to a KTV with you. :slight_smile:

You go with me; we do it MY WAY!

Dibs on “born to be wild”

Wait… 24???

I’ll sing “I want to break free” by Queen… Zender I’ve always wanted to hear your heartfelt rendition of Dylan’s “Like a Rolling Stone”

I’ll sing “I want to break free” by Queen… Zender I’ve always wanted to hear your heartfelt rendition of Dylan’s “Like a Rolling Stone”[/quote]

I dare not. The Minnesotan accent is too hard for me. :frowning: That’s the reason I won’t sing any Prince songs, either.

Wow he is picking up some steam on youtube… comments “amazing” “amazing” “amazing”… smart of him to sing in English maybe

i’ll sing “rainy day women” Ha if they had songs like that at the KTV I might go every day

Did anybody notice that at the beginning of the song, it’s writte Dolly Parton…dunno what the chinese version reads?

She wrote it.

Does the presenter say “thanks, little fatty” at the end?

I felt he destroyed the song and there were a few pitches problems as well.