Taiwanese TV obsession

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“Chris”]Wife watches TV talk show
Guest on show imparts some kind of “wisdom”
Wife says, “See? You shouldn’t (or should) do what he says.”
Chris grudgingly accepts a new rule or restriction into his life…[/quote]

I always tell my wife to never believe what they say on TV … her answer … yeah right, you know everything, you’re smart and that’s why I married you … :s[/quote]

… or she just gives me the look and says … this is Taiwan (culture) :astonished:

[quote=“tash”]Thank you all for making me read through 5 pages of

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Our deepest apologies, Ms. Tash, for not providing you with more satisfying entertainment.

Perhaps we should all be banned from this site for misusing it so egregiously.[/quote]

Apologies accepted, Omni.

No need to ban yourself. Just try harder next time. I’m a forgiving person.

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]Our deepest apologies, Ms. Tash, for not providing you with more satisfying entertainment.

Perhaps we should all be banned from this site for misusing it so egregiously.[/quote]

Apologies accepted, Omni.

No need to ban yourself. Just try harder next time. I’m a forgiving person.[/quote]

You’re watching to much TV (soaps) … :wink:

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“tash”]Thank you all for making me read through 5 pages of

How you think our SO’s talk about us when they are with friends? And, do you really believe all of what’s posted here?

And … if it’s all true … it can be posted because sometimes it’s funny, other times it’s Taiwanese culture and we need to know and learn about it …

We really don’t understand Taiwanese culture or even women … we don’t understand women … that’s it … :wink:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … highlight=](Woman weds dolphin here you can see what I mean … :s

I’ve got this friend from Croatia, and you wouldn’t believe it but…

I think if either of them found out about the other, they’d be more upset than you would be about online TV jokes. :no-no:

Nope. I know my roommate isn’t because we live next to a grave. I know my best friend isn’t because she doesn’t get scared by horror movies. She finds them boring and only goes because I like them. I am pretty damned sure that most of my friends aren’t.
Then again, I don’t enjoy the company of stupid people. And I feel superstition is the luxury of the uneducated.

Do you think that people that live in Taipei believe the sky is actually blue?[/quote]
True that. :smiley:

ya know Tigerman, somedays you make some good sense - what’s with that? :slight_smile:

:laughing: That’s exactly what I thought when I read it.

Tigerman, couldn’t agree more.

I