Taiwanese tycoon donates TWD$1B for civilian militia

Defense is a multilayered strategy, and as a last resort a restive population that has tasted freedom, but face subjugation, would be expensive to quell, as the Russians are learning to their dismay.

How will the planned 300,000 marksmen be trained in shooting skills? In private or Taiwanese army equipment and facilities?

Do you think there is any prospect in Taiwan in the near future for an armed militia like Switzerland?

5 Likes

Can foreigners sign up for weapons training?

6 Likes
1 Like

You wanna die for a handful of filthy rich dweeb capitalists? Or the idea that you are defending freedom? Come on… The Chinese are robot killers, but killing them back won’t cure anything… All soldiers are pawns of dull nations. Patriotism is a disease, like religion… No need to die for it, especially if it ain’t your country to begin with…

2 Likes

Not all foreigners share this sentiment.

You “come on”. No one should fight for patriotism. You should fight for a world you want to live in. I don’t want to live in a world rules by the CCP. If it’s gonna benefit others as well, that’s great and not a negative.

13 Likes

3 million people… As a demographic spread that must be a significant chunk of fighting aged (males).

I only see 1 in 50 capable, or wanting to, lift a finger.

I see some comment about a study to see if it is feasable, that will be interesting.

We could have a division of “Ama Fighters” that could bicker the chinese into submission…

5 Likes

He can’t even correctly pronounce the name of the country he’s living in!

1 Like

Innstead of spend ALL that money onTaiwan army, at least 1/4 should use to found and sponsor a Taiwan Foreigner Legion. Just saying

Taiwan doesn’t even let the majority of foreigners become citizens without a ton of hoops, no way would I take a bullet for it.

I would be at the airport with the tens of thousands of hyphenated Taiwanese :grin: but hey props to those who believe in Taiwan enough to fight for it.

2 Likes

It’s a very sensible idea. If nothing else, if they get slaughtered it would be terrible PR for the CCP.

If rather odd Robert wants to fund the Taoyuan Foreign Volunteer Brigade I’m willing to join. Officer class, of course.

Ha ha! Straight to the point. Remember to look for these foreigner defenders of Taiwan in front of you while queueing up at the airport. :joy:

These fellows never realized what mistakes their respective countries have committed or still commiting by doing business with communist China. It is ironic to see they have moved on to the next step of choosing the world they want to live in. What happened to their ideologies when their respective countries grew closer to China, I wonder!

Did they not know China is a communist state before? If we introspect we will realise that we are the ones to be blamed for the current situation.

1 Like

Nobody is dying for an alleged and imaginary handful of ‘rich dweeb capitalists’

Should we not? When they come for you then what?

Is your suggestion submission?

Nobody is claiming patriotism. I prefer living in a rules-based world that allows people to grow their own lives the way they want to instead of being pawns of the state like in the CCP. The loss of Taiwan is a huge loss for freedom. I don’t want to live in a world where there are no checks and balances, where the higher ups enrich themselves with no accountability. Where the government can just declare you, your life, your savings gone if you don’t fit with the interests of the CCP. Where the government takes you away for protesting against corrupt banks that wipe your life savings away and you have no recourse whatsover.

Is this the kind of world you want to live in?

11 Likes

That speech deliver better than ID4 !! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Hey let’s all train our own Taiwan militia why not.

• Train a hundred or a thousand or ten thousand to do whatever we want them to do in our own training school to kill people.
  • Then when the time comes they follow the directions we give them, hell any of us could become president or prime minister or turn Taiwan over to china.
  • Train as many people as we can to follow our directions when we give them the directions.
  • Pick a similar name that sounds like that one.
  • Instead of Kuma, call it Kuma Kuma to trick and confuse some percentage of the people trying to get into that one so it’s a good recruiting tool.

Has the Taiwan government signed up to allow or authorize any of this independent militia s***?

This is so damn stupid.

These are the kind of things with high potential to destroy or run astray.

He must should give the money to Taiwan government and let them manage it the best way they see fit.

Or he should keep his money.

Taiwan doesn’t need his money.

“Tsao is also on record as an advocate for legislation to allow Taiwan to seek unification with China through peaceful means”.

He cannot be allowed in any way shape or form to be a leader or a trainer of any type of militia or military or anything. He gives the money to the government or does nothing.

This guy is a bigot and a hypocrite and dangerous.

1 Like

His thinking has evolved.