Taiwanese women desire for English teachers

My understanding is that English teachers routinely make $60-70,000/month. That might be double what the 20 year-old girl working at the coffee shop makes, but it’s hardly enough to rent a really nice apartment, frequent upscale restaurants, travel extensively, etc. let alone save to buy a house and raise a family.

The “are you a tourist?” question isn’t a conversation starter. It’s a filter to make sure you’re not a tourist who is looking for a one-night stand or short-term fling.

99.9% of people don’t have the business sense and entrepreneurial instincts to start successful businesses. If creating multi-million dollar English school empires was as easy as teaching English for a decade, there’d be a lot more 阿啄仔 millionaires in Taiwan.

1 Like

That sounds like a strong basis for a sound relationship /s

5 Likes

About as solid a basis as a pair of pretty blue eyes and a mop of golden blonde hair.

2 Likes

I know of no losers age 55 that are financial happy to retire.

Wait what, your 55? I thought by young retired you meant like 40 or younger…

Dont think it will be easy for you to find anything worth banging at that age unless you are drive Maserati house in yamingshan rich…

3 Likes

The loser reference was about the local perception of English teachers, not retirees.

Maybe “independently wealthy” would sound better that “retired”.

In any case, Tinder is a young people’s game. Why not get out there and try to meet women IRL?

1 Like

You really haven’t spent much time in the subtropics.
This is actually the opposite of what long termers would wear here.

2 Likes

You would at least need a university education to be a teacher in Taiwan and I believe city and guilds is only to around GSCE level? Those girls probably.want someone with an education and not on a tourist visa and not an older with C&G . You could try searching for a lady with an education.status more on par with yours? :wink:

2 Likes

Jocular reference to stereotype(s):

David I. Lane, The Light in the Mirror

Noeline Thompson Kelly, An Ethnography of a Secondary School Principal

Vitae Bergman, Take Sylvia’s Case

(boldface added by me)

3 Likes

Is that corduroy? I’m not sure.

1 Like

If you are getting a hard interview so early on, you are lucky they vanished.

Jeesh. Going by the above opinions, maybe chemical castration is preferable…or prostitutes. Shallow whores and arogant assholes are not great life ling partners. Even at 50+. Just pay for it or work on yourself to find someone worth while.

No wonder fuck robots are getting to be a thing…our species might just be doomed.

2 Likes

Girls Wanting to settle down should Inquire about health and genetics. Marrying someone means accepting their genetics. A friend is living with someone who had a stroke at only 30. They aren’t married yet. More strokes are coming unfortunately. An older partner in great shape and his parents and siblings are in good shape has something to offer. I used to see an older guy at the gym and the clubs hanging around people in their 20s. He was 56 very strong fit and fun and easygoing, financially stable but normal. This guy Had no problem meeting girls about 30. It was his attitude that was attractive https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yH393EIZrE&t=97s

Before she polishes your knob, insist on a swab?

4 Likes

Hello teacher! What does this mean? Thank you.

I didn’t want to carry on with this post but I seem to have started a good un.
Reality is I’m seeing a very nice lady (my opinion that’s all that matters) age 56.
My OP was a reference past.
I wonder how some of the sarcasm, insults would be said in a person to person environment?
End of post for I.

Tinder stats

2 Likes

TT Top Teacher? Ask yourself.

I’m not sure, either, but they look close enough. :slight_smile:

Some of the fellows in the first video are wearing vests. I guess that adds to the effect. For the professorial look, I guess elbow patches would be a plus.

https://hopeandhenry.com/products/corduroy-blazer-with-elbow-patches-honey-brown

1 Like

I took your “corduroy jacket” reference to be humorous, and I didn’t intend any insults by my posts about it. If you were offended by those posts of mine, then I apologize.

Edited to add:

I see you clicked “Like” on my posts, so I guess you weren’t insulted by them. Still, if you were, I apologize.

5 Likes

Hess: Batchelor’ s degree (in any discipline) OR associate degree with a TEFL/TESOL certificate.

Where I got my information and a City & Guilds grade 5 passes as a associate degree I asked.

My City & Guild are for motor engineering, car mechanic. Want you motor or scooter fixed I’m your man.

Hey having a university degree is a real accolade and I’m sure your family and you are very proud of your abilities.
Take care

1 Like