Taiwanese women desire for English teachers

No, being an english teacher isn’t desirable. It’s not the worst of the worst either, but there are some stereotypes attached to it. As a foreigner, even not as an english teacher there’s a bunch of stereotypes and silly reasons for taiwanese to not want to date us.

At the end of the day its still a pretty conservative society, most girls want a boring guy who earns a decent amount, whose parents will hand them a house so they can have an easy life. If you don’t fall into that category you are going to have to work a little bit harder.

5 Likes

A job’s a job. Do people really care what other people do?

4 Likes

Better to relocate to Thailand or the Philippines for this

It is and I am proud of the hard work and dedication put in, as you are with your C&G.
Once again i reiterate if your university is not on the list you can only be an illegal.teacher at best.These women want teachers not mechanics , just change your kindle target settings to high school.educated only women and you could do well. Good Luck😉

I agree for Taipei.
Some of us don’t have to pay those ridiculous house prices as we love outside of Taipei.

Also, many of us don’t teach in cram schools. No offense to those that do, but I find the respect level with locals goes up a lot when they realize I work in a “real” school.

1 Like

There’s a dating app on my Kindle? I’ve been using it wrong the whole time… :open_mouth:

8 Likes

There’s a thread on this. It’s more than the vast majority of taiwanese people earn.

The house situation is just mad. I have no idea why people want to pay over the odds to live in taipei, to the point of living in the shittiest districts. I would rather move a little bit outside, my gf and her family don’t see it my way though.

2 Likes

Try a different dating app

But not that much more that English teachers instantly become intriguing to large numbers of local women.

1 Like

Kinda doubt you’re from the UK. UK passport maybe, but not for that long.

I trained as a car mechanic and did the C&G.
Decided no money in it, so started my own cleaning company that became successful,.
Property buying / selling and wise investments.
I’m a business man not a mechanic.

ok then maybe write Boss of successful. Cleaning company.

2 Likes

What is a 'little bit outside '?
Even new Taipei city is very expensive.
Taipei city specifically hogs a lot of the resources from government. You will see it in the schools but also many other things.

So tell women that you are/were a businessman with real estate investments.

That’s going to pique a lot more interest than “I am retired” or “I teach English” in just about every part of the world.

6 Likes

And do not be surprised if you then attract the most materialistic girls which there are

3 Likes

You can say the same about almsot every capital/largest city in the world.

4 Likes

I assume most Taiwanese women are only interested in their long term meal voucher so if you have money then you should have no problems finding someone suitable.

3 Likes

You don’t need to fit a mold by becoming an English teacher

1 Like

Keep it short. I’d tell them I’m an investment manager. :grinning:

3 Likes

Give gigolo a shot?

5 Likes