Taiwanese women want to pee standing up?

I was glancing at the TV last night and saw a news broadcast my wife was watching. Some young women were going in to the men’s room and standing in front of the urinals.

Why? I asked my wife, a bit curious.

She says these women want to pee like men, standing up, and have developed a kind of funnel cup and plastic tube that would allow them to …well…pee standing up.

A) Did anyone esle see this?
B) uhm…why would women want to do this? Is this neo-feminism or does it have some other, more legitimate purpose?
C) Will the tubes vary in sizes?

I wonder if they have been versed in the “shaking and zipping up ritual” that is conducted after evey leak?

Do they know the different forms of pissing standing up? The classic “One hand on the wall, one hand on the shlong” Or the showy “Two Hands Guiding” style.

Have they been versed with the proper terminolgy. Such as “I gotta drain the lizard” or “I gotta shake hands with James Soong”?

I am also wondering if any of those ladies will sneak a peek over the urinal to see if their neighbor’s tube is bigger than theirs.

No shaking required. They drip dry.

No shaking required. They drip dry.[/quote]

I firmly believe that is the incorrect way…those embarrassing spots around the crotch. This is why I think some sort of training program be instituted.

Well, after a few beers it would interesting to discover if women are any better at hitting the bowl than men.

I think we should also write up a booklet to help these stand up ladies.

Ideas for chapters:

Games while pissing:
1.) Writing your name in piss
A. Block letters
C. Cursive writing.

2.) Common comments to use during the pissing ritual.
A. “I’ll be out in a minute. Just let me fold this bad boy up.”
B. “Back into your cave, my magnificant beast”.

I really think an instruction booklet would help them during their transition period from sitting to standing.

No more, “you forgot to put the toilet seat down.”

[color=blue]I realize many will have already seen this Dave Barry bit (it’s been floating around the internet for ages), but with all the talk of urinal procedure and protocol – this seemed appropriate:[/color]

The Choose-A-Urinal Challenge!
Men should ace this test (or suffer the wrath of men everywhere)…women are on their own.
But, there IS a code of the restroom that MUST be followed.
The following is the urinal configuration in a sample men’s room. An X above the number will indicate “in use.”

(Sample)

|…|…|.x…|…|…|.x.|--------->indicates men are at stalls 3 and 6.
|-1-|-2-|-3-|-4-|-5-|-6-|

You are to identify correctly, based on urinal etiquette, at which stall you
are to correctly stand. Good luck!

Easy Section

1. |…|.x…|…|.x…|…|…|--------->(Stalls 2 and 4 occupied.)
    …|-1-|-2-|-3-|-4-|-5-|-6-|
    -------------------------

2. |.x.|…|…|…|…|…|--------->(1 occupied.)

Kind of Tricky Section

1. |…|…|…|…|…|…|--------->(empty)
    --------------------------

2. |…|.x.|…|.x.|…|.x.|--------->(2, 4 and 6 occupied)

Subtle, Tricky, But Important To Know Section

1. |…|.x.|…|…|.x.|.x.|--------->(2, 5 and 6 occupied)

VERY Tricky Indeed Section

1. |.x.|.x…|…|…|.x.|.x…|--------->(1, 2, 5 and 6 occupied)

Answers:
1 (easy). #6 – It’s the ONLY one to go to and every guy instinctively
knows this.

2 (easy). #6 – Stall 5 is acceptable, but you run a greater risk of being
next to someone who arrives later.

3 (kind of tricky). #1 or #6 – You are tacitly saying, “I don’t want anyone
next to me.”

4 (kind of tricky). #1 – You’re stuck being next to at least ONE guy, so you minimize the impact and get a wall on your left. NEVER go between TWO guys if you can help it.

5 (HARD!). #4 – Believe it or not, 1 and 3 “couple” you with the guy in
stall 2. This differs from question 4 in such a subtle way that the nuances
cannot be explained. Suffice to say, only we men would understand!

6 (DAMN HARD!). NONE! You go to the mirror and pretend to comb your hair or straighten a tie until the urinals “open up” a bit more. If you have to go REAL, REAL BAD…for god’s sake, man!..use a doored stall.

Other parts of the Unwritten Code of the Urinals:– NO Talking, unless it’s a good friend… but even then, keep it terse and
unemotional. This ain’t no clubhouse.
– Absolutely NO touching of anyone else. Even the slightest touch of
another’s elbow is of the highest offense.
– NO Singing. Period.
– Glances are for purposes of acknowledgment only…“Yeah, I see you there. I will not look again.”

Beating the often long lines in women’s restrooms? It looks like Barry’s glancing protocol will have to be rewritten :wink:

As most guys know, a long, beer induced drainage is very often accompanied by a pleasant release of intesinal gas.
Usually a followed by a witty comment.

Will the Taiwanses ‘ladies’ incorporate this custom into their “standing to pee” routine?

Hobbes - brilliant! And it’s true: it is instinctive…!

Really? :astonished: Oh crap… I think I’ve been doing it wrong then. :blush:

I can understand why women want to pee standing up. I can’t even imagine sitting down every time I had to take a leek. 1)undo the belt 2)pull down zipper 3)pull down pants 4)sit down 5)ohhhhhh… forget it! I’ll just buy some adult diapers! :sunglasses:

[quote=“jdsmith”]

She says these women want to pee like men, standing up, and have developed a kind of funnel cup and plastic tube that would allow them to …well…pee standing up.

A) Did anyone esle see this?
B) uhm…why would women want to do this? Is this neo-feminism or does it have some other, more legitimate purpose?
C) Will the tubes vary in sizes?[/quote]

These funnels were developed in Europe (holland If I remember well) a few years ago, possibly somebody started importing or manufacturing them locally. Taiwan is always a few years behind in new fashionable things.

Anyway, I started sitting down to pee, because I don’t want them Taiwanese peeping over the rim all the time to glance at my monster.

I remember seeing a Hong Kong movie where the guy gets fired because he went for a stall instead of using a urinal next to other guys “like a man”.

It was on the English news last night. This was invented by a Taiwan University student, who uses a paper cup type funnel and a tube. The tube is washable, luckily. They said she is locating some manufacturers and this “new” technology may soon be at use in Taiwan. They really need it, judging by the omnipresent lines in the women’s rooms next to half full men’s rooms.

Good Lord, I would never touch the wall of a public restroom.

Sorry, my little man isn’t nearly as impotent as James Soong.

Too much information.

These things have been available for years in Bangkok, too, for people caught short in traffic jams.

Good Lord, I would never touch the wall of a public restroom.
[/quote]

Then how do you get your phone number up on the wall? :laughing:

I’ve heard of the emergency bag you guys seem to be talking about…developed for businessmen in long meetings, or incontinence. And I can understand why a woman want to use one, for the same reasons men would, BUT and like my fifth grade teacher, this is a big but…why would she want to go to the men’s room urinal and empty the bag???

To correctly answer this one you need to know the position of the entrance.

If the door is to the right of #6, then you must use #1. If you go to #6, then anyone who comes in after you would have to walk past you to get to #1. This would create the situation where he’s behind you and there is no third party to ensure nothing untoward happens.