Taiwanese women want to pee standing up?

[quote=“Rik”][quote=“Hobbes”]
Kind of Tricky Section

1. |…|…|…|…|…|…|--------->(empty)
    …|-1-|-2-|-3-|-4-|-5-|-6-|
    --------------------------

Answers:

3 (kind of tricky). #1 or #6 – You are tacitly saying, “I don’t want anyone
next to me.”
[/quote]

To correctly answer this one you need to know the position of the entrance.

If the door is to the right of #6, then you must use #1. If you go to #6, then anyone who comes in after you would have to walk past you to get to #1. This would create the situation where he’s behind you and there is no third party to ensure nothing untoward happens.[/quote]
#2 is better because of course no-one is going to take #1 then.

#2 is a gamble.

If you go #2 and no-one else comes in, then you are left standing alone and nearer to someone than you needed to. In fact he could even take it to mean you made the first move.

If you are in #2 and 2 friends come in together they are going to fill #4 (safe on both sides) and #1, (acceptable exposure to the right because you are paired with your friend) which leaves you in #2 between a pair, exposed to the left. (if #1 and #6 are full, friends would go in #3 and #4)

If you are in #2 and someone does go in #1, you have already been cruised, and #6 saw it. He was already wandering about you being a gay (see point 1.) At this point you both know there is a gay in with you, but #6 has got a head start on you and is going to make his hasty exit first.

I got curious about the vagina yesterday so I keyed in “vaginal anatomy.” There I found numerous lovely diagrams and an article written by a lady who seems to know everything there is to know about standing up to pee. Apparently two fingers need to be placed a little above and on either side of the uerethral opening in order to avoid “splashing.” It is essential that the fingers be placed accurately otherwise the stream of urine will flow left or right rather than straight forward. Some experimentation is perhaps advisable.

There have been a number of she-inals on the market for quite some time (since the ninetenn fifties at least) . Some are of the funnel and tube variety and others are more like a toilet that one simply stands over.

Somehow this idea, which keeps coming back, never seems to really catch on. I wonder why?

I’ve heard about the fem urinals but never actually seen a prototype. I wonder about the stall issue. Is it like the men’s urinals where it’s not really separated and you see their back sides? Who really wants to stand with their bare ass to people waiting in line while they fumble with a paper cut holding it to their private areas?

How gross is that image? :s

[quote=“914”]a paper cut holding it to their private areas?

How gross is that image? :s[/quote]
That makes me cringe in agony.

All this talk about stalls, urinals… what on earth is wrong with leaning back against the sink and aiming for a perfect arc across the room? :s

Well, looks like I lost out again. I read an article about a kind of paper funnel some chick in Europe invented and thought it would catch on like wild fire here and was going to rip off the design and make a million. Guess I was too lazy and now it’s too late!

I can tell you why women here want to stand up to pee. They feel that sitting on a public toilet is too dirty. So some girl pees ALL OVER the seat. After that you gotta stand any way because if it wasn’t dirty before she got there, it sure as hell is now!

bob,

how about a picture of the she-inals??

(oh, I really don’t wanna ask you why you googled vagina YESTERDAY…at least you could have said today," after reading this thread"…sheesh man!)

You’re talkin to bob. Does this even surprise you?? :wink:

It doesn’t sound like this she-inal is very private. I don’t think it will catch on with the public.

Personally I prefer squat toilets. The horror, eh?

[quote=“housecat”]

I can tell you why women here want to stand up to pee. They feel that sitting on a public toilet is too dirty. So some girl pees ALL OVER the seat. After that you gotta stand any way because if it wasn’t dirty before she got there, it sure as hell is now![/quote]

This is what my wife says, “I don’t sit on the seat anyway…too dirty.”

But I guess I’m imagining a stand up women’s urinal wall like a men’s room…lines of women waiting to pee. One could only hope they’d put them in stalls.

If women can go in either restroom, can men do the same now? Or are we just going to switch to one big bathroom for everyone?

There once was a lady from Greeling
who had a most peculiar feeling.
She lay on her back
and opened her crack
and pissed,
up at the ceiling.

No if a guy went into the girls room to pee, he would be considered a pervert and arrested. If a girl goes into a guy’s bathroom, the guys would more or less roll out the red carpet for em. The only good thing I see about women using the mans urinals, is that then the cleaning ladies would have someone to talk to.

You’re talkin to bob. Does this even surprise you?? :wink:

It doesn’t sound like this she-inal is very private. I don’t think it will catch on with the public.

Personally I prefer squat toilets. The horror, eh?[/quote]

Me too…although I am still confused why people feel the need to complete remove their pants when using them. I just roll up my jeans a few times to make sure that they and the floor never meet. My first day of working involved meeting the squat toilet at Ren Ai Hospital where I was trying to do my health check. Note the word “trying”…till I found the correct position. Talk about instincts…

some establishments have this with merely a swinging door separating the toilet from the urinal.

I can remember the funnel thing from one of the old Tank Girl comics. She was taking a slash with it and put out some Freedom Flame or something that had been burning forever.

I guess they just went into the men’s bathroom for the tv show, because it would still be pretty hard aiming into a squatter.
I’ve always envied men’s peeing skills; just about the only thing I envy. I once held onto my boyfriend’s belt while he stood in the back of a pick-up truck and pissed off the back, on some highway. Damn, how I wished I could do that! My second thought was, damn, what would happen if I let go now!

edit: And you thought peeing was just another boring bodily function…playing whack-a-mole.

media.mit.edu/physics/pedago … otos2.html

Two words: penis envy.

Nuff said.

[quote=“Hobbes”][color=blue]I realize many will have already seen this Dave Barry bit (it’s been floating around the internet for ages), but with all the talk of urinal procedure and protocol – this seemed appropriate:[/color]

The Choose-A-Urinal Challenge!
Men should ace this test (or suffer the wrath of men everywhere)…women are on their own.
But, there IS a code of the restroom that MUST be followed.
The following is the urinal configuration in a sample men’s room. An X above the number will indicate “in use.”

(Sample)

[…snip…]

[/quote]

One thing that supercedes these considerations is which urinal has the least amount of urine pooled around your feet. I don

the squatties weren’t so bad. unlike western toilets, you don’t have to touch anything but the door to get in/out, and there’s no pee on the toilet seats to deal with. now, the squat portapoties–those were interesting… :ponder:

squat toilets are basically urnals on the ground. why bother learning to pee standing up?

All Hmong women pee while standing. Anybody who has travelled to these hilltribe villages can attest to this. Some of them hardly break stride, and it’s all done much like a cow in the field.