Taiwanese women with silly voices

In my workspace I have an abundance of women who speak with the classic silly high pitched retard voice that you hear from time to time… especially by some cos-play model trying to look and speak with max vulnerability in an effort to ramp up foxiness.

Yes its the one with superfluous 啊, 哦, 嚒 , 咯 sounds.

Got me thinking… where the hell does someone get this from? Watching too many cartoons? Bad parenting? Bad kindergartening? TV ? Can we blame Japan for this?

Possible these women could change that voice?

Anyone find it attractive or dated someone with a voice like that?

And when over 60 they end up with a scratching witch like voice, as if they’ve smoked all their lives.

:roflmao: [quote]in an effort to ramp up foxiness.[/quote]
I love that expression and I shall be attempting to “ramp up my Foxiness”, this weekend, at the Harvest Party BCCT, in Taipei :slight_smile:

[quote=“cyberguppy”]In my workspace I have an abundance of women who speak with the classic silly high pitched retard voice that you hear from time to time… especially by some cos-play model trying to look and speak with max vulnerability in an effort to ramp up foxiness.

Got me thinking… where the hell does someone get this from? Watching too many cartoons? Bad parenting? Bad kindergartening? TV ? Can we blame Japan for this?

Anyone find it attractive or dated someone with a voice like that?[/quote]

If you mean a, o, ma, ro, these are not superfluous sounds. These are part of the grammar.

Blame LeBron…
I know what you mean, man. I can’t stand that shit! I’ll hear some high-pitch voice thinking some little 15 year old is in the office selling girl scout cookies or something only to look up and see a 50 year old lady.

1. Fake, high-pitch voice
  2. Big contacts to make their eyes look 2x bigger
  3. Duck face, sad face, and other stupid facial expressions
  4. Walking/stumbling around like a newborn baby cow

The local girls here, no matter what their age, have these in their arsenal to achieve that coveted “Kawaii cuteness” to attract their local Taiwanese male counterparts. And it works! A low voice is often associated with “butch” or “man” so they go complete 180 and they feel like the higher they get, the cuter they are. While we may feel like fake high pitch voices are annoying as fock and the big eyes and duck face just make them look stupid and retarded–I dunno, the locals, they LOVE IT. I’m pretty sure if the guys didn’t like it, the girls would stop doing it. The walking/stumbling like a baby cow, not as much, but I’ve noticed this. A girl that walks and stuts like a guy is considered “Man” and so they go complete 180 and invert their skinny chicken legs and do the complete opposite to such extremes, they look exactly like a newborn cow thats just learning how to walk.

but yes, I do believe most of this BS can be traced back to Japan. Anime. Cartoons. etc

A girl can be a perfect 10, but if she opens her mouth and sounds like a damn child…thats a deal breaker right there.

[quote=“sofun”]
If you mean a, o, ma, ro, these are not superfluous sounds. These are part of the grammar.[/quote]

Usually these auxiliary, interjection or exclamation words are part of the grammar for the sole purpose of modifying the tone of a sentence. As such the intonation of these words also does a lot to change how a sentence is perceived. When used in excess or with an extreme intonation, they are indeed superfluous.

Strange that you mention the “walking”. I noticed in Japan, that the girls teetering on high heels, seemed to try and keep their knees together whilst walking… :loco: I could never figure it out and it makes the art of walking…interesting to observe. :ponder:

that’s all anime’s fault…

I always had the impression that actors in Taiwanese soaps were over-acting … but it’s actually how people behave in real life here.

[quote=“cyberguppy”]In my workspace I have an abundance of women who speak with the classic silly high pitched retard voice that you hear from time to time… especially by some cos-play model trying to look and speak with max vulnerability in an effort to ramp up foxiness.

Agree on the teachings that if you do not sound like high on helium all the time you are told you sound like a man. Who got it first? They blame Japan here.

Honestly, my male classmates hated it. Listening to a 30 minute presentation in Minnie Mouse mode was torture. I would do a poll asking young guys if they like it but don’t know how accurate can it be, guys being polite and all -and not many youngsters in my workplace. But it is common knowledge that it is supposed to be feminine and delicate.

The interjections and repetitions are also considered more feminine, so I’ve been told.

Wearing oversize shoes or shoes that do not fit gives you a funny walk. In Japan, I’d understand for walking in zoris takes skill, and you must modify your step to walk while wearing yukatas and even more kimonos -I was just taught getas are supposed to be for guys only, hah! So I get the knees together thinghie. But the stumbling I’d still blame designer shoes designed for “beauty” or rather, “creativity”, not fit or convenience.

I suppose if we laughed at the silly voices, they might go away. This video really should NOT be funny, but shows our reactions to funny voices that are not expected. You know when you just can’t help it… :blush: The end is just too much for me :wink:

:roflmao:

After the wedding the “innocent” gals start to change, they let themselves go, the voices are no longer soft and retard, they start yelling at the husbands and kids, anyway they change completely. They don’t age very gracefully…

[/quote]

In the US we had our own version of this.

[quote=“Micahel”][quote=“cyberguppy”]In my workspace I have an abundance of women who speak with the classic silly high pitched retard voice that you hear from time to time… especially by some cos-play model trying to look and speak with max vulnerability in an effort to ramp up foxiness.

[/quote]

In the US we had our own version of this.

[/quote]
I’m like, this is totally amazing.

There is a little less face slapping in real life.

Shiadoa, you already at fox level: midnight!

I think it’s a combo of

1. Selection for girls with high voices (Peach Sister-for a kids program host originally) . . .

And then
2. simple training . . . a producer (or men) rewarding the bird when they do what is wanted.

Where do you work? Girls in my office sound normal. Soft spoken but otherwise, normal.

LOL! newborn baby cow! thats a perfect description.

I know a guy that married one of these women. She wasn’t a looker either.
How the hell could anyone put up with that drivel for the next 30+ years? Would she still be doing it when she is an OAP?

Some girls were born with that kind of voice. I’m one of those. It takes time for people around me to understand that I’m not faking my voice. Lots people judge me by my voice and think I’m very girly or I’d use my voice to get boys to do my work for me (both at school and at work) …blahblah…all untrue.

See how they talk with girls and then you will know if they are faking.