Taiwan's Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明) [TO BE DISCONTINUED AT THE END OF MAY 2023]

I can confirm this. I have just downloaded the Taiwanese certificate with QR (for the first two jabs that I took in Taiwan), scanned it with the Italian app and it was recognised, although only with my Chinese name.

I tried the verifier that @slawa just shared and scanned the QR issued in Italy after my booster and surprise surprise it was accepted!!!

1 Like

Just tried again. Not updated. I had my booster Thurs. Just showing the 2 AZ shots I had previously.

Try to visit a local ‘Public Health Bureau’ (政府衛生局). They might help you sort out the vaccination records.

My booster appeared in the NHI app quite fast. I assume the data for the certificate comes from same data source.

1 Like

Same here, less than 24 hours.

Mine actually says 3/3 but it only mentions the BNT booster and batch#, not the 2 AZ and batch#.

Yes, only last vaccination is shown.

You can look up the other info in the NHI app.

1 Like

I wonder how they scan them. Is there an app?

They made a web app

3 Likes

What to do if you are coming in as a new worker from the US? Are they going to accept US CDC cards? There are no QR codes on these so I do not understand how they are going to transfer them to a Taiwan app. Has anyone had experience transferring CDC vaccine card from the US to something that works in Taiwan?

Once you are in the NHI system, go to your local district health office. They can register vaccinations received abroad.

4 Likes

Applying for a digital vaccination certificate

3 Likes

Probably just complaining, but does anyone understand the logic of having a digital vaccination certificate with QR code and no app for shops/entertainment venues to scan it? The Taiwanese QR code is actually the same format as the European ones used in some countries as vaccination proofs to enter certain venues. However, it is virtually useless here because bars only accept the physical “Yellow” Card or the NHI app, which btw I cannot access :roll_eyes:

There is a web app for them to scan it

However, I’ve never seen anyone use it. Nobody has ever asked to see my vaccine certificate or even my NHI card with the stickers. That includes two bars I went to during tomb sweeping festival.

1 Like

Did you guys know you can add the digital certificate to your Apple wallet?

2 Likes

It shows my Chinese name rather than English, which I dislike. The actual certificate shows both

You can use Pass2U to add digital certificate to your Apple Wallet. Below is the link with instructions in Chinese (maybe you can use google translate or ask your wife in case you don’t understand) The steps are pretty straightforward.

This has been discussed in the various COVID threads; the general impression is you don’t need the certificate for normal bars, but only for “nudge nudge wink wink OK let’s be adults and just say it’s for sexual services bars”. But the clarity in English is certainly lacking.

I think at one point Crafted (in Maji Square) was talking about checking passes, but then realized they weren’t in the nudge nudge wink wink category.

2 Likes

Brass Monkey wouldn’t allow entry on Thursday night without proof of 3 vaccines. My friend messaged me at like 12:30 all pissed off. :joy::flushed:

3 Likes

Judging from the few times I’ve been, a fair few of the clientele might fall into the at-risk group anyway…

8 Likes

Based on my experience no venue knows about that nor considers it legit :rofl:

I have just had a heated argument at my local Health Department branch on the topic. They said that since I cannot use the app (“Have you tried calling your telco?” FML), I should go to bars or clubs carrying my printed European certificate with the third dose and if they don’t accept it (why should they?) I can call the Kaohsiung Government hotline (which, of course, is NOT open at night) to report the venue so that they can “look into it”. #taiwancanhelp

1 Like