Taobao Real Name Verification

Do you need any help with this in the meantime to get the goods unstuck?

Hi thank you for the offer. I’ve just managed to talk to someone at Taobao who seems to semi-know what they are talking about. Apparently I can do a paper authorisation where they will manually check that the ARC number and name that I told them matches what is registered with Ezyway, which should take 48 hours before approval. So I will wait it out and see if this solves things.

No resolution. After much back and forth (hours and hours over days), Taobao refuse to accept my ARC card, Ezyway verification and manual paper authorisation. Absolute headache. Annoying that they only tell you’re they’re unable to send after they’ve already taken your money. Having to get it sent by using a Taiwanese friend’s ID card now.

Yea that isnt taiwan, its china. For some reason taobao flat out do not like foreigners. China has weird rules about foreigners.

1 Like

Same problem here. Ordering from Pinkoi platform and the product comes from Japan. So far no good solution. Hopefully they fix this issue fast. Wonder if a foreigner applies for a new APRC number that follows the ROC ID format, would this help? :thinking:

1 Like

I use this Taobao forwarder. I don’t know if they can help you about 100kg of goods, but you may still ask for help. I am going to buy some small goods, and they told me I don’t need Ezway verification for that.

I just sent an inquiry to customs@customs.gov.tw about that. I registered when my ID number was old. Now I got new number, and I went to EZway app to find out that I can’t change my number on the app. I will update info when I receive some answer.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not. I have a brand new ARC card I picked up a couple of weeks ago, with the new number. You still can’t even enter it on Taobao and proceed to the next page. It’s not recognized at all.

1 Like

Yeah its such a shame considering how amazingly cheap everything is on Taobao. I doubt anything will change anytime soon either.

I opened an account some time ago, of course with my old AR number. I just purchased something yesterday without a problem. Yours may be some different problem. Did you try to talk to their customer service? They respond quick and very effective.

it isn’t about buying something, it’s about receiving what you buy. The name verification after you purchase.

Yes. And if you go through a forwarder like 松鼠集運 (私人集運 in Chinese), you don’t need verification at all. Or at least that is what the customer service of 松鼠 told me. I wil see what will happen next.

BTW when I said this

I meant customer service of Taobao about AR number.

Might be okay for very small packages without verification. I bought close to 100kg that needs to be shipped.

I’ve spent the best part of the last week talking to customer service.

Received a reply from 關務署.

一、受限於海關尚無權取得外籍人士身分識別資料,故現行實名認證並不適用於非本國籍人士。

So new number is no use for Real Name Verification. We need to do this “Letter of Authorization” as before.

1 Like

The government can say whatever, but it’s Taobao that decides, and their decision is no, letter of authorization or not.

If your package doesn’t really go, you can get refund, right?

Thanks a lot for the reply. That’s a pity. Hope the gov. would solve this issue fast! Very annoying.

I’m not sure, I’d imagine so but luckily I didn’t have to go down that route as a Taiwanese friend ended up providing their ID card in place of mine.

Receieved my package today. So there is a way to buy from Taobao and receive without going through Real Name Verification, in fact without dealing with custom at all. Maybe different story if you buy something expensive.