Taoyuan Area Motorbike Road trip: Sun 15th - 10am

Meet at Entrance to Shimen Dam (before you pay fee) at 10am.

Have a full tank of gas. Trip through the mountains for 4-5 hrs.

A few of us have organised this today, and thought we’d open it up to whoever else wants to come…

Next one will have more notice. :blush:

vroom vroomm

:smiley:

We’ll be meeting at the front Entrance of Shrmen dam at 10am, and plan to spend the next several hours tooling through the mountains…Who ever heard of weather this nice 2 weeks before CNY?..Sweet. :sunglasses:

If you want to join, and need directions to the meeting point, either send me a PM, or post on this thread.

It’s going to be a very, very nice day :slight_smile:

Yes, thank you … why not on a Monday?

Okay, I have a front brake now as of about 10 minutes ago. It should be safer for everybody.

See you there.

Fun day. Pity about MJB’s breakdown.

Almost as good as hiking. :slight_smile:

The rats organs.

Johnswift.

The river crossing

Coffee stop.

Ratbrain lunging for the photographers chest.

Everyone saw it coming. He’s been under a lot of stress. :smiling_imp:

Great pix. I’ll get mine up later.

That was a lot of fun.

jdsorebutt

Mrs Truant gets her tomatoes washed.

MJB’s super duper secret nirvana.

helmet hair

And a special thanks to Belgian Pie who made me a sub, well, let me make my own sub, for the road. :notworthy:

Everyone saw it coming. He’s been under a lot of stress. :smiling_imp:

Great pix. I’ll get mine up later.

That was a lot of fun.

jdsorebutt[/quote]

Yep, you couldn’t ask for a better riding day.

We rode up a little past Fushing Shan and then stopped for a coffee over looking the two bridges…

And then, we cruised on up to Shiao wu lai…A quick hike through a narrow gorge and we ended up here:

Only the better half of Truant and myself were brave (stupid) enough to try the natural waterslide…Iceberg cold.

We then cruised up onto the 118 heading back toward Kuanshi behind Shrmen dam and stopped for lunch:

Truant, JD Smith and Ironman enjoying the view.

The scenery was so nice even this horrid apparition in the foreground couldn’t spoil the natural beauty:

Ratlung and Ratbrain checking out the Shiao wu lai falls:

JD Smith and Truant relaxing riverside:

After lunch, we headed back onto the 118…After a couple of km’s, a strange knocking sound began emanating from the rear of my bike, which got progressively louder with each passing minute. In the beginning, I brushed it off as chain guard noise, but pulled over to investigate. A quick examination revealed this…

The noise turned out to be the sprocket bolts hitting the chain guard bracket, which was really the only thing holding the sprocket from hitting the swing arm, and locking up the rear wheel. Needless to say, the remainder of the ride home was a sedated affair, checking every so often to see how much the sprocket bolts had been ground down.

Other than that…Stellar day :sunglasses:

By the way, anybody got a spare rear wheel for an RZ*? :help:

That’s what you think. We had a deadpool going. Sadly, for us, no one won. We thought you’d eat gravel sooner or later. Why do you think we wanted you to go first? :smiling_imp:

Anyway, hat’s off to MJB. :notworthy: Great trip. Let’s do it again, real soon.

jdsunburnedface

Looks like you had fun. Nice weather and all. :slight_smile: (read: :raspberry:)

Looking through the pics I kept wondering who the handsome guy wearing a dark gray shirt was - didn’t realise until the very end that it was Ironman. :lovestruck:

Everyone else looks fabulous too, except for the hair. :slight_smile:

Yeah, totally untrue. But, it will get you a ride on back for one of these trips next time you’re in town. :wink:

Yeah, totally untrue. But, it will get you a ride on back for one of these trips next time you’re in town. :wink:[/quote]

What I said was true. And you know I’m not gonna be in town again, teaser! :raspberry:

Yeah, totally untrue. But, it will get you a ride on back for one of these trips next time you’re in town. :wink:[/quote]

What I said was true. And you know I’m not gonna be in town again, teaser! :raspberry:[/quote]

WHAT! I never get to meet you? :s

Looks like you guys and girls had a nice day … should have followed jd’s advice and close down for the day … anyways, next time pick a Monday …

ya it was lots of fun and i still feel a little high from smelling the smoke from ironman’s motorcycle.

Sure was great, and it was about 1000% better than 3 deg, Rain, Slippery roads and crazy drivers of the trip Ratlung and I did the week before.

What a fantastic day for the middle of winter!!

As I mentioned to some of you today I haven’t really done much road motorcycling before I bought the Hartford last week (I’m an ex dirt-biker) and today was a heck of a lot of fun. The route was pretty good, and MJB’s local knowledge (and letting us in on “the secret location”) really made it an exceptional trip!

Great pics everyone. (cept for the ones with that fatboy in the blue t-shirt)

Thanks to everyone for making it out, let’s do it on a regular basis. :uhhuh:

[quote=“Truant”]Sure was great, and it was about 1000% better than 3 deg, Rain, Slippery roads and crazy drivers of the trip Ratlung and I did the week before.

What a fantastic day for the middle of winter!!

As I mentioned to some of you today I haven’t really done much road motorcycling before I bought the Hartford last week (I’m an ex dirt-biker) and today was a heck of a lot of fun. The route was pretty good, and MJB’s local knowledge (and letting us in on “the secret location”) really made it an exceptional trip!

Great pics everyone. (cept for the ones with that fatboy in the blue t-shirt)

Thanks to everyone for making it out, let’s do it on a regular basis. :uhhuh:[/quote]

Winter? You 've never seen winter in your life time … :wink: :laughing:

[quote=“MJB”]
Only the better half of Truant and myself were brave (stupid) enough to try the natural waterslide…Iceberg cold.[/quote]

Ah Ha…You say that NOW…I knew you were bullshitting when you said the water was “not too bad”. That’s an old trick…

What did they do afterwards … go nekked on the bike?

MJB actually came prepared and brought some shorts. They got used by both of them :noway:

Although MJB forgot his towel and had to air-dry for a while: