Tasering of suicide attemptor

thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol … 984318.ece

I think this is awesome - by all accounts they saved the guys life with violence! I mean sure he’s free to try again another day but maybe he’ll decide it wasn’t worth it and go on to live a productive life. What the article doesn’t say is whether suicide is illegal in Scotland - I know it used to be in England. Maybe he’ll do time for the attempt and get a nice new boyfriend with boot black tattoos aswell?

Don’t tase me, bro!!!

Tasering is becoming way too common.

Well if they tasered the person’s temples, it could work like ECT and actually ease some of the depression.

HG

Anyways, what the hell is an “Attemptor”, is he one of the bad guys in Transformers or something??

Yeesh, no wonder the OP can’t acquire gainful employment…

[quote=“the chief”]Anyways, what the hell is an “Attemptor”, is he one of the bad guys in Transformers or something??

Yeesh, no wonder the OP can’t acquire gainful employment…[/quote]

You have problems with people who spell words correctly?

Suicide attemptor* one who attempts suicide, see Analysing and aiding decision processes (1983) by Patrick Humphreys, Ola Svenson, Anna Vári, page 178.

Just attempt his post.

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“the chief”]Anyways, what the hell is an “Attemptor”, is he one of the bad guys in Transformers or something??

You have problems with people who spell words correctly?[/quote]

Like it’s any of your beeswax, Arachno-Boy, but my sources all list “attempter” as correct and flag “attemptor” as erroneous.

Stick to dissecting frogs.

advisor/adviser: same mismatched cross Atlantic pairs!

Back to the frogs now.

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“the chief”]Anyways, what the hell is an “Attemptor”, is he one of the bad guys in Transformers or something??

Suicide attemptor* one who attempts suicide, see Analysing and aiding decision processes (1983) by Patrick Humphreys, Ola Svenson, Anna Vári, page 178.[/quote]

Unless it is a woman, in which case the proper term is “Attemptress”.

[quote=“Chaon”][quote=“urodacus”][quote=“the chief”]Anyways, what the hell is an “Attemptor”, is he one of the bad guys in Transformers or something??

Suicide attemptor* one who attempts suicide, see Analysing and aiding decision processes (1983) by Patrick Humphreys, Ola Svenson, Anna Vári, page 178.[/quote]

Unless it is a woman, in which case the proper term is “Attemptress”.[/quote]

Not Attemptrix??

Hey, when I was in junior high, and we were doing the frogs, after like day 4 when the extremities were getting well dessicated, I cut off the little bastard’s front foot, which by that stage looked like a tiny black shriveled human hand with the individual toes curled toward the palm, looking like it was clawing.
And I took it home and stuck it on the top shelf of my older sister’s jewlery box.

Was it worth the shitkicking I got from my Pa?
HELL yeah, what do you think??

This thread is going to cause people to get tasered.

Stop! Taser time! :discodance:

Sorry guys, I think it’s definitely ‘Attemptee’. Believe I’ve seen it in legal print before

Isn’t a shenme-ee the recipient of the action? mentor->mentee
So it sounds to me attemptee would be the victim of an attempt (murder I guess)

DOn’t give a sweet fanny adams about no damn suicide dude, but all that talk about attemptee made me think of Little Feat. Which is always nice.

[quote]Whoa I am just a vagabond, a drifter on the run
the eloquent profanity, it rolls right off my tongue
And I have dined in palaces, drunk wine with kings and queens
But darlin’, oh darlin’, you’re the best thing I ever seen

Won’t you roll me easy, oh slow and easy
Take my independence, with no apprehension, no tension
You’re a walkin’, talkin’ paradise, sweet paradise

I’ve been across this country, from Denver to the ocean
And I never met girls that could sing so sweet like the angels that live in Houston
Singing roll me easy, so slow and easy
Play that concertina be a temptress
And baby I’m defenseless

Singing harmony, in unison, sweet harmony
Gotta hoist the flag and I’ll beat your drum[/quote]

Could it be that both attemptor and attemptee are correct in the case of a suicide - I mean they are doing it to themselves right?

I assume it would be the same rule as for masturbation - Chief - whats the answer? :whistle:

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Could it be that both attemptor and attemptee are correct in the case of a suicide - I mean they are doing it to themselves right?

I assume it would be the same rule as for masturbation - Chief - whats the answer? :whistle:[/quote]

So you are saying masturbation is the same as suicide… :loco:

Just kidding. But I see your point, for you’d be both giver and receiver. I am no Emglishe Ekspart, so I wouldn’t really know.

No I was calling the Chief a w… nya forget it.

RE: tasers, am I the only person here who’s in the ‘I want the Police to have to yell PIKACHUUUU before tasering!’ group on Facebook?

And on a side note, how do you explain to a class of 19-year-old Taiwanese kids why the Italian guy in the movie keeps telling is 14-year-old son he’ll go blind when the kid’s … ahem… having fun?

And to keep it on topic… suicide is very sad… please don’t do it.