Teaching in Taiwan vs. teaching in China

I think it sounds quite nice tbh

If you select Lamma you’ll see some bigger ones, also Lantau. I saw some 700 square foot ones for less than 10K when I looked earlier today, which surprised me

The thing is the ferry doesn’t reach your doorstep. You’d need to walk or even take other forms of transport to actually arrive.

If you don’t mind me asking I presume you have lived in TW and HK, which do you prefer? I am actually thinking of HK as my next stop in a few years time.

Correct, it does not reach your door step, but neither does the MTR/bus/whatever.

It is not uncommon at all to spend 20 minutes on the mtr, and and if you factor in rush hour queuing(the trains are full, so you might have to wait for 3-4 trains before you can enter) it can easily be 20 minutes on the train, and 10 minutes queuing just to get in on the train.

Anyway, if you dont get sea sick the ferry is way more convenient than mtr/bus if your office is in central/a location you can walk to from the ferry.

1 Like

Yea, I lived in HK 8 years prior to moving here last year.

Both are fine, but on balance after having live in Taipei for about 9 months, I would say I prefer HK. I am self-employed, so I dont really know which one has better working environment, but HK is a far higher pace city which I like. Taipei somehow is a bit boring, and people I met seem all a bit less interesting( or maybe I only met the wrong people)

What taiwan/taipei do better than hk is though that is bigger so more to see, and you can bicycle and drive motorcycle here.

Anyway, I just bought a place here so I wont be going back for at least a couple of years.

2 Likes

Many beautiful village house in Hong Kong Sai Kung area , and this web site www.eastmount.com.hk

has alot of beautiful homes available fo rent and sale .

Well… it makes sense that real estate prices in HK would be falling.

Found on Reddit

2 Likes

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

And people say Chinese aren’t direct.

What the actual f****… :flushed: