Tech workers who flocked to Taiwan’s Covid-free haven are now fleeing

Indians

It’s a big world with a large, relatively poor population. By most metrics, ABTs are indeed among the most privileged people on the planet.

1 Like

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Privileged as an ethnic group. Are all white Californians multi-millionaires? :roll:

2 Likes

Agreed. Thats why the term white privelage is so hated

1 Like

True in Canada. My stepdaughter (doctoral student and CDN/TWN national who has lived there for nearly 15 years) was spat on in Vancouver by Caucasians thinking she was from China. Some pretty troubling racism after Covid has emerged, reinforcing my stereotypes of the insularity of the very average Canadian (of which there seems to be many).

2 Likes

In CA it may be relevant, but on the planet, the differences between $30 mil residences and the 6 figures are negligible. They are both the most privileged people.

2 Likes

Yeah it encompasses a lot of different jobs these days. I could basically be one if my employer was open minded and I could drag the family around .

What are FANG employees?

Frightening Angry Newbie Gangsters?

Forumosan Antagonists (Not Gain)?

The possibilities are endless. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Me, the king of the kings!

Moving in moving out

Jesus bro! Face, Amazon and etc…

Google it, google it!

2 Likes

I thought you meant the rich FANG family :joy:

3 Likes

The actual, rather terrible in my opinion, initialism is FAANG. That is maybe why web searches turned up nothing for people.

1 Like

I had the opportunity and I don’t have the desire to work for any of them!

I’m friends with the Fang family. Only reason why I asked.

1 Like

Lol. Fang surname. It’s a coincidence!

Caanda is still full of retarded folks with inadequate intelligence. Proof our education system is still shitty. I see lots of racism everytime i go back as well. Be it from whites, asians, “indians”, first nations etc. Racism is rampant from all groups. The plus in canada is on a legal level it is far better than many areas and can be prosecuted. One of those countries, like taiwan, that makes perhaps too many laws, and still lacks fundamental.enforcement to.improve it on the ground.

Steve moved back to Taiwan in 2019.

2 Likes

She continues to complain and demand things:

This is about as bad as the expats that said their embassies should be giving them free vaccines in-country.

2 Likes