Terrible Taiwanese Teachers

It’s true.
My wife used to teach in public school. She showed video to her other close classmate friends who are also teachers. They say this video/circumstance is “low-level” type. Much worse things happen at schools all the time.

Well, that goes to show the administration is not doing a good job at protecting vulnerable students. What’s the plan for this kid? And others? Is a school psychologist involved?

Taiwan needs to fix this backwater bs. Let’s not make this kid a demon.

Right, and how much training do they get? I’m going with fuck all.

He is not going back to that school i reckon.

I heard two weeks. And it’s terrible that he wouldn’t. They all need to handle this better. Passing him off is terrible idea.

If this is true, then you should be very concerned that this kid was allowed to escalate to this level in a classroom with zero interference.

All this after the fact response is missing the point. He’s not a criminal. He’s a vulnerable kid who clearly needs help managing his emotions and behaviors. He needs more than “a deal with the school” to succeed.

How old is he? He hit someone and spat in their face. You talk like he is a toddler having a tantrum.

6 Likes

High school kids have problems too. What’s wrong with actually helping the kid?

I’m not focusing on just this incident, but all the time that came before it, when he was known to have problems. He absolutely should face consequences for what he’s done, but when then?

The kid needs an IEP if that even exists in Taiwan.

Already happened a couple of months ago. The kid ended up dying. Not sure a lockdown would have helped in that situation though.

Lockdown protocol would be nice tho. It’s a scandal if schools here don’t have them. And idk if they do or don’t, but this video and that stabbing indicated they should.

1 Like

It’s probably not a good idea to isolate yourself with the kid who is actively assaulting you. If you have a bunch of other kids around to pin down one person, that’s not really endangering the other students. A one-on-one fight, then yes.

If the teacher would have tried to de-escalate I think the class would see him as weak. Taiwan’s culture is predicated on respect for the hierarchy. He is confronting a student that needs to be put in their place, to ignore the disrespect would be improper… in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s surprising to me when foreigners here, many who are teachers themselves, show a total lack of understanding of how Asians teach.

1 Like

And it surprised me that Asians expect teachers to scream and yell and now what, fight with students, instead of showing them a better way of dealing with their stressors?

And also you applaud someone else’s kids for jumping up and holding down a violent teenager?

I understand Taiwan culture just fine. It’s obvious lack of standards across the board is legendary. :joy:

1 Like

You may be talking out of your ass because your arguments do not make sense.

1 Like

That may be your circular reasoning that is so much fun to grade when written. :laughing:

Anyway, let’s not turn this into a cultural shit fest.

The teacher is inept. The kid in need of help. The administration lacking.

2 Likes

This I can agree to.

3 Likes

See? Building relationships. Not a bad idea. Now dance with me! :banana:

2 Likes

Sure, let us walk away from the keyboard and have a glass of water :laughing:

1 Like

Part 2!!!
https://fb.watch/qB7AgS1tSX/

I think @jdsmith is also pointing out that the system and the teacher shouldn’t have allowed it to get to a crisis point in the first place.

The way things are going, I wonder what kind of bat the kid is going to have when he starts driving, metal or wood?