Terrible Taiwanese Teachers

Exactly. A culture that demands respect like this can’t navigate a roundabout

He’s a criminal now and will likely get sent to the TuCheng juvenile detention center in TuCheng under child protection laws. That’s where he needs to be. The teacher can be investigated for unprofessional conduct by the Education department. The parents in these cases will compulsory undergo parental education
. I dont know his age but anyway he can be charged or his parents charged.

Those kids were brave , should they have attacked the teacher instead or just watched while the teacher got beaten to a pulp ?

1 Like

I didn’t say anything about them, I did say this:

Most Taiwanese are blaming the whole thing on the student, who admittedly was wrong to use violence without being physically provoked. However, in the lead up to the physical confrontation, the teacher was verbally abusing the kid, criticizing him for sitting in the front row, and saying his presence there is a distraction. The kid responded by saying he was forced to pick a seat last and he didn’t have any choice in the matter. The kid obviously has some anger management issues, but it also seem like his classmates and teachers have been ridiculing him for it, to the point of bullying him for a long time.

2 Likes

Dude, watch the video. That kid barely knew how to throw a punch. He did some kind of weird overhand karate chop and didn’t even fully commit to it.

You seem to think he’s some vicious killer.

This was after the kid came back into the classroom. After. The teacher didn’t lock the door. Just left it open and returned to his lesson. When the kid came back in he ignored him and the kid “hit” him and grabbed his shirt. The teacher looked miffed.

If people think the teacher is great because he showed restraint, as I believe he could have kicked that kids ass, that is the wrong take away from this incident. He failed mission several accounts and should be thoroughly investigated.

Granted, my heart jumped when watching this. I’ve gone through it on multiple occasions. And not with doughy crybabies. You do not ignore a kid who is yelling and screaming at you in your classroom. It’s terrible classroom management.

1 Like

No way! Bullying??!! In Taiwan schools?!? Next thing you’ll tell me is those little Taiwan female teachers screech at their kids when they fail tests!

1 Like

You are spot on when you said the teacher has zero de-escalation skills, but he has top score on escalation skills. The kid’s anger management condition is obviously well known because the student was telling the teacher nicely that he was given permission to find ways to calm himself down as long as he is not distracting the class. Yet the teacher continues to provoke him. The teacher knows full well in Taiwan’s society, people won’t get on his case for verbally abusing the kid because Confucian tradition dictates that the teacher is always right. I feel so sorry for that kid. He needs help from his teacher and fellow classmates, and he seemed like he was trying really hard to get things under control.

4 Likes

Bingo, and something as simple as a preplanned walked to the water fountain could have given him the break to get himself back on track, and maybe the teacher could have switched a seat or two to make him feel more welcomed.

And maybe he could have told the kids videoing the incident to fuck right off.

3 Likes

Or the teacher could have just not cared when he knew the kid has issues. IDK why he couldnt be like the teacher in my classes when i was studying here. The students could come late., sit anywhere, eat lunch, play on phones or just sleep but the teacher wouldnt care. Read from PPTs and go home. Was it a very productive class? No, but did any teacher got his shirt ripped off? No

Face spitting and eraser tossing. Kid must be on the school’s baseball team.

Was it filmed covertly?

1 Like

This whole story makes me sad. This should never have been filmed. The real tragedy is social media. Teacher was awful with his berating of the boy. And the boy has self-esteem and anger-management issues, but so do a bunch of other kids! This should be managed better by the school, teacher, environment. I feel for the boy.

2 Likes

It looks quite openly to me.

1 Like

It also shouldn’t have been distributed.

2 Likes

Yeah true. That is why I mentioned social media is the real tragedy. And the news media! On the news 90% of the items showing normal people having a bad day is disgusting to me.

1 Like

Poky little classroom. I think I’d be that mad just for having to sit in there.

1 Like

It isn’t going to change without people outside the school seeing the videos, i think, sadly

1 Like

We’re waiting for it to appear on the news. It should.

Very few Taiwanese people are saying the school and the teacher share responsibility for handling the issue poorly though. Nothing is going to change, except for that poor student who is going to have that stigma attached to him.

2 Likes